Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I thought I would revive this thread. Jane is at a critical tournament next week, she is in the Deauville main draw, and she needs to do well to give herself a chance of an Aussie Open Quallies spot.

Good Luck Jane! :):):):):):):):)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good luck to Jane. I know she can do it. I hope that she has a good week and proves what she's capable of.
Just imagine if she gets into Aus Open quallies ... she could be a dark horse and make it through to the main draw ... then what!?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Jane O'Donoghue d. Ana Timotic 6-1 6-7 6-2

Well done Jane! She now faces Eva Birnerova, the second seed. Hard, but good luck!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Jane lost 5-7 2-6 to Birnerova :sad:

Keep going in the Czech Republic Jane! :)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Has Jane done enough to get into the Aussie Quallies?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
So Jane was not high enough to get into Aussie Open qualifying. but she is committed in Waikoloa $50K and last i heard was in the Qualifying section. Good luck Jane!

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good Luck Jane :D She is currently number 8 in the qualifying for Waikoloa, and has most likely gone up!

Also, at the moment I am having some problems with my Jane website (see sig) and when I get MS Front Page (or alike) not the Yahoo version ;) I will be able to update again :D

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
*revives thread once again :eek:*

Jane is in danger of losing the number 2 spot to Amanda Janes soon, as Amanda been rocketing up recently. Jane is committed only to $25K in Athens (currently qualifying), and is way down on the Alternates list of the Tour Event in Estoril (222) and is also on the Grand Prix SAR La Princesse Lalla Meryem :eek: Alternates list (57). Its great to see her going for the bigger events though!

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well Domachowska has gone up from Alternate 49 to Alternate 12 on the Grand Prix SAR La Princesse Lalla Meryem, so I'm sure Jane should get in ;) and she'll probably be at a similar point for Estoril qualies :)

Good Luck Jane :D

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It seems jane is going backwards :eek:

After qualifying for the maindraw in Biarritz, Jane goes and loses in the first round 6-0 6-0 :eek:

I wasn't expecting her to win, but that it terrible!!!

And she's supposed to be our best clay courter!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,590 Posts
Janes an up and down player.One week she'll have great results then then next:rolleyes:

She had struggled in qualifying so its not too suprising.

I hope she can gain a little consistency in order to close in on the top 200

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After an abysmal week last week, this week, in Bari ($25k)

Round 1: def. (2) Conchita Martinez Granados 6-1 4-6 6-1 :eek: :D
Round 2: def. (q) Vanessa Henke 6-4 2-6 6-2 :D :D (Henke is above Jane is rankings ;))
Quarter-Finals: vs. Katerina Bondarenko (q) Good Luck Jane :D

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Jane is doing well again in a clay tournament, with a couple of great wins in Stockholm. She beat Emma Laine (a top junior) in the first round 36 63 62 and then wiped the floor with Rita Kuti Kis (who once infamously beat Jelena Dokic ;)) 62 63.

She plays Hanna Nooni in the quarter final. Good luck Jane! :D

1 - 20 of 115 Posts