Wish I was going this year... :wavey:

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
three into the MD. that's all i ask.

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
the website has shahar qualified, but the qualy rounds haven't even started...
something very very odd.
i sure hope she really is in.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shonami Slam said:
the website has shahar qualified, but the qualy rounds haven't even started...
something very very odd.
i sure hope she really is in.
Don't worry, Shahar got WC to the main draw.

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
qualification draw was posted
tzipi hasn't the easiest of draws, but then again - no one has in this level.
'm not sure if it's two qualy round or three, for the meanwhile:
6 Schaul, Claudine Lux - Tzipora, Obziler Isr
10 Fedak, Yuliana Ukr - Pelletier, Marie-eve Can

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
match analysis
6 Schaul, Claudine Lux - Tzipora, Obziler Isr

the israelis playing at full gear now, as many other players in the world in order to warm up and brush aside the rust as they head towards fed-cup. this week the three best israelis are playing thier first clay tourny of the season together.
the hard courts season on which obziler plays slightly better is over, but the current number one from luxemborg isn't too good on the slow surface, both having just one good run and nothing more.
tzipi will be losing final points from dinan, where she lost to the strong junior bacsinzky. apart from that she wasn't too succeful, reaching main draw through qualification in RG only through a lucky loser entrance and 2nd round in another ITF tourny.
respectable, but not too worthy.
she'll be hoping to regain the points from dinan with some good wins in the Bausch & Lomb Championships.
claudine won her near-home title (Strasbourg) with an amazing run beating the first, second, fourth and fifth seeds including then 4th ranked lindsay davenport.
apart from that amazing run includin wins over sugiyama, loit and pisnik - she won just one match against a very low ranked WC.
the pair have played before on hardcourts in canberra qualifications - tzipi won in two sets 6-3 7-5 upsetting then 78th ranked schual.
both players stand even in thier win/loss record, though claudine played more tournies
4/4 and 7/7. not much separates between the two, even though the luxembourg resedent has been top100 for quite a long while. IMO, claudine has no weapons to fight tzipi, who should win this with her experience and strong mental game.
6-4 6-2 for obziler.

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
basically my opinion is always that tzipi can win these 70+ players. she's just top100 material and it's a waste that she somehow never get's there.
if she doesn't win at least one MD match, she'll lose tons of points and it'll take a while to get them back. so i'm really hoping she wins.

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
Tzipi won 3-6 7-5 6-2 :) great fighting :D she used her exprience saving 2 MP!

Gil I don't really agree with your match analysis, I do think Claudine has the weapons to hurt tzipi..

Good luck in your next round tzipi.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great to see Tzipi winning again :worship:

She will get 8 points for this :D

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
well, i once again blew it - i really tthink that her form is really bad, and she doesn't have the power to fight tzipi that has tremedous groundstrokes (WHEN they go in that is)
i'm happy she won, it seems as though the MP saved broke claudine's will.
nice win against another top100 player, looking good too.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
oren987 said:
Great to see Tzipi winning again :worship:

She will get 8 points for this :D
Yeah it's great but she's supposed to lose 39.5 points from Dinan last year..
so she has a lot to catch up..
and a lot of tough matches here.

Good luck

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
MD out!
not easy, that's for sure :(

(3) Myskina v. BYE
Peer v. Stosur

Srebotnik v. Dulko
Smashnova v. (9) Likhovtseva

sheesh. that's tough.

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
match analysis
10 Yuliana Fedak VS Obziler.

the good news is that yuliana tends to lose to lower ranked players, this year she hasn't beaten anyone ranked below her (all 5 of them!).
the bad news is that her game IS very solid, perhaps too solid for obziler to take it without a real fight for every point.
both players have won 5 matches this year - but tzipi has done that in 5 tournaments while yuliana is already in her 9th tourny of 2005.
the pair have met once and it was the then 277th ranked israeli to win it with some effort in the first set 7-6(4) before launching her game to bagel the ukraine. that was in 2002, on hardcourt.
but fedak is finally blooming (22 years of age)and now, three years later fedak has improved her ranking by a mile, improving from 206 to tomorrows rankings - 85. her career high was achieved at the beggining of the year following her good run in canberra where she reached the semi's losing to eventual champion ivanovic. she beat the #1 seed farina-elia, so she already has a win over a top20 player this year. apart from that she has been less than convincing, winning only one more match against razzano in IW. last week in Orange, she lost to qualifier mara santanglo of italy.
as for fedak's clay court game - not doing much apart from a run to the title in rimini, a very low standard 50K and another semi later in the year in a 75K tourny.
it might be tricky - but tzipi can win this match if she serves well and attacks. fedak is a pretty small girl (1.66, 50 kilos) and some power play might do the trick.
7-5 6-4. two breaks, that's all tzipi needs to get to the main draw.
good luck!

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
Tzipora Obziler (ISR) 2 6 6
Yuliana Fedak (UKR) [10] 6 2 3
Elapsed Time By Set 36 49 39

Match Summary Obziler Fedak
1st Serve % 65% 66%
Aces 3 0
Double Faults 2 5
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts. 38 of 62 = 61% 35 of 64 = 55%
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts. 16 of 33 = 48% 16 of 33 = 48%
Winners (including service) 42 31
Unforced Errors 35 37
Break Point Conversions 5 of 15 = 33 % 4 of 11 = 36 %
Net Approaches 10 of 12 = 83 % 8 of 12 = 67 %
Total Points Won 100 92

Great stats! 42 Winners :eek: :bounce:
Good luck in Main Draw!

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
the first set was much closer than the score implies.
i'm really happy that tzipi is through, but she made it much tougher on herself than it shoud have been.
nice quality win, let's hope for a good draw for her, in any case it will be the upper part of the draw, but it just might be against another qualifier and than a second round is very possible.
good luck girls! very proud of you!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts