Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To start things off with a bang:

A few minutes ago Pat made a comment regarding Andre's previous match with Rios. I remind you that Rios retired with injury when it was 1 set all. Pat, being the objective third party that he is, observed that "last time these two played, Andre just wore him down and eventually beat him". Of course, he omitted the part about how Rios is very injury proned and retired after the second set, because such details are totally irrelevant!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I still don't understand why they hire people because they have a famous brother and no I don't believe anybody had cared for him otherwise despite that he reached a grand slam semi once :eek:

not that I have to listen to it;)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
OMG, you started a whole thread for PMac's misstatements? WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

If I have to listen to it, might as well make fun of it at the same time! :D

·
Premium Member
20,729 Posts
I could not agree more he always leaves out certain details.

I wonder if he'll out do Chris and all the mistakes she made last year? Samantha Stevenson LMAO.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew that you'd be around Tennishack! :devil:

In the meantime, I'm going to try and think of some old goodies to pass the time.

For example, last year when Roddick was beating Kiefer, and Kiefer was frusterated at himself, Pat says (to paraphrase), "I don't see what all the attitude is about. Roddick just has more game than him, he should take his beating like a man", because of course, the entire tennis world should just roll over and hail Roddick :p

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Ah yes, I have one. Anybody else annoyed when he yells "The dropper" when baldy hits a drop shot?
Just Shut the fuck up! :devil:

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ugh, at anything he says about Andre! God... I sincerely hope that he keeps a box of kleenex handy when he's commentating Andre's matches.

You know what's worse than "the dropper"? "The punisher", "the A-train", and any number of stupid freaking nicknames that need to buried along with the rest of Pat's commentary!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
I always hated when he says.. theres the DROPPER!! Its freakin annoyin!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
the dropper.

that sounds negative (I know it's not meant that way)

·
Registered
97 Posts
well, it didn't talk long for Pat Mac to put his foot in his mouth today.. "the Russian press is wondering what's up w/Safin" "So are we, if they find out maybe they can fill us in" :rolleyes: I mean.. geesh! Marat is out with a wrist injury.. it's been posted all over the internet for weeks now.. and they STILL don't know what's up w/him? Why do they make it sound like he's not injured and isn't playing just b/c he doesn't want to? IDIOTS! And if the Russian press doesn't know what's going on w/him, it's their own fault for treating him like crap.. no wonder he doesn't speak to them! Pat Mac.. get a life! :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Cliffy broke it out today -- "THE MAGICIAN!"

PMac had some doozers during the Santoro-Chang match, including, "This is old skool tennis! It should be in black and white!"

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
from the scoring thread:

TennisHack said:
There it was! Mal said St. Polten was one of the most important titles of Roddick's career, since he "beat some Spaniards on the red clay of Europe".

I think Mal should be an honorary PMac. And that "Sar-GEESE-i-an" is about to kill me.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TH - Thanks for the ST Polen bit, I didn't catch that. I've only been paying half attention to what's on my TV, since I'm doing this and researching something at the same time.

Which Spaniards did he beat? Aside from Sanchez that is, who retired. God knows that all Spaniards are equally good on clay, afterall?

Although I agree with him to a point that this was the biggest title for Roddick so far, because it's his first title off home soil, and on his worse surface.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts