Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Blighted and solo
43,935 Posts

·
Blighted and solo
43,935 Posts
I used to rank all of Debbie Gibson's songs every week. It was so much fun. :hearts:

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
148- Open Game
Express Yourself x Born This Way, Random Youtube DJ

Troll Song :eek:h:

SF 1- 2 (-12)
Slazorin 12
SilverPersian 2

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
149- Angst
Ultraviolence, Lana Del Rey

I know Del Slay has been done to death in these games, but the whole Ultraviolence album came to mind immediately with the theme, and I thought the lyrical content was very appropriate. Not really my favourite song on the album, but it was pretty popular and gave me a top 10.

SF2- 134
John. 12
Zvonarevarulz 12
Histery 10
JMG 10
Poldo 10
Litotes 8
Wally 8
Randy 7
Slazorin 7
Javi 6
Drg 5
Mauriac 5
Perun 5
ServiceGagnant 5
Leif 4
Beat 3
Hugues Daniel 3
Matmagix 3
Owl-On-Speed 3
AdeyC 2
Tennisfan102 2
Thanos 2
Adam 1
Shvedbarilescu 1

F- 100
John. 12
Poldo 10
Zvonarevarulz 10
Wally. 10
Litotes 8
Fufu 7
Histery 6
Javi 6
Leif 6
Salmon Pants. 6
Matmagix 4
ServiceGagnant 4
Adam 3
Drg 3
Perun 3
Mauriac 1
Thanos 1

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
150- Open
Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend

This game had like sixty songs submitted, and I was throwing a tantrum because people weren't taking my upcoming game seriously, so I didn't even bother listening to the other songs. Was a shame because I really love this song, even if Material Girl was better :eek:h:

SF1- 81 (-12)
Hugues Daniel 12
Punky 12
Service Gagnant 10
Silent Bird. 8
Stromatolite 8
Milan. 6
Salmon Pants. 6
Zvonarevarulz 6
Lord Choc Ice 5
Perun 5
Tiefsee 5
Shvedbarilescu 4
Thanos 3
Silverpersian 2
Mauriac 1

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
151- Declare Independence
Удали, Анна Седокова

I decided to send a song in my native language, that I really loved when I was like 12. I all honesty Russian music hasn't been good since the 19th Century, and I can see why it wasn't really popular among the Serbian folk music and what not, but it's still a guitly pleasure of mine and a way to share a bit of modern Russia with everyone.

SF2- 60
John. 10
Adam 8
Big Banana 8
Cesare Borgia 8
Thanos 8
AdeyC 6
Avada Kedavra! 5
Matmagix 3
Shvedbarilescu 3
The Crow 1

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
152- Me Against The Music
Like a Prayer, Madonna

So it's my theme, a collection of songs by artists who were better known for being attractive than their actual talent. Most people HATED the theme, mostly because it tended to be more pop orientated, and people interpreted it wrong, thinking they had to send someone untalented. The theme called for someone well known for anything other than their talent, didn't mean they couldn't be talented. I also regret sending this song, it is truly a masterpiece, and I sent it out of anger than anything else. I was going to send Britney Spears or George Michael but my emotions got the better of me. In the end a song won that in my opinion, was not bery good nor did it fit the theme (Sorry SilverPersian :hug:), and I put that down to many people against the theme playing, ultimately they won. If anything, The Crow's fabulous entry from Tiffany should've won, it fit the theme and was an awesome song. Oh well.

SF2- 128
Adey C 12
Beat 12
John. 12
SilverPersian 12
Adam 10
Zvonarevarulz 8
Histery 7
Perun 7
Salmon Pants. 7
Silent Bird 7
Slazorin 6
The Crow 6
JMG 4
Shvedbarilescu 4
Avada Kedavra 3
Matmagix 3
eck 2
Hugues Daniel 2
Tennisfan102 2
drg 1
Thanos 1

F- 84
AdeyC 12
John. 12
Beat 10
SilverPersian 10
Adam 6
Salmon Pants 6
Zvonarevarulz 6
Perun 5
Silent Bird 5
Slazorin 5
Histery 3
The Crow 3
JMG 1

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,146 Posts
^I think Marianne Faithful was more famous for who she slept with and her appearance, rather than her music. That was the theme, wasn't it? :scratch:

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
^I think Marianne Faithful was more famous for who she slept with and her appearance, rather than her music. That was the theme, wasn't it? :scratch:
I was so happy when you won my theme, I just wasn't ecstatic about the song. I think it benefitted from other people who didn't agree with the theme voting for it :hug:

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
154- Surprise Surprise
Drive, The Cars

So because I have so much time on my hands, I run my own little fantasy singles chart, starting march 1984. On November 8th 1984 this topped the charts between Madonna's Holiday and Bananarama's Cruel Summer. Lame I know. But i've discovered so many surprising gems through doing this, and I had no idea i'd really love this beautiful song. I was more suprised that it even got to the final!

SF1-85
AdeyC 10
DJDVD 10
John. 10
Litotes 10
Slazorin 10
Cesare Borgia 6
Igorche 6
Matmagix 6
Thanos 6
SRB Analyst 4
Beat 3
JMG 2
Salmon Pants. 1
The Crow 1

F- 63
DJDVD 12
Slazorin 12
AdeyC 10
John. 8
Litotes 8
Igorche 6
Matmagix 3
SRB Analyst 2
Randy 2

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
154- Tripping Balls
Free Tibet, Hilight Tribe (Veni Vici Remix)

A lot of tripping balls was not trippy at all. Literally so many songs weren't theme appropriate. This one came immediately to mind, my Tibetan friend introduced me to it, and I really love it. I was kinda diappointed with my placement though, I really thought i could've got top 5 with this, maybe that had something to do with SilverPersian putting the wrong remix in the YouTube playlist :p

SF1- 92
Fufu 12
Randy 12
JMG 8
Matmagix 8
Thanos 8
SRB Analyst 7
Baraboo 6
Big Banana 5
Adam 4
Tennisfan102 4
DJDVD 3
Litotes 3
Slazorin 3
histery 2
SilverPersian 2
Zvonarevarulz 2
drg 1
Perun 1
The Crow 1

F- 57
Fufu 12
Randy 12
Adam 7
JMG 7
Matmagix 6
DJDVD 5
Histery 4
Tennisfan102 3
drg 1

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
156- 2016
Starboy, The Weeknd

Ew 2016 was a shitty year for music. A year that saw no talents like The Chainsmokers, Beyonce and Selena Gomez dominate popular music, and alternative music didn't seem to be anything but pop music just without a major label behind it. Music has lost all of it's soul, EXCEPT FOR TWO EXCEPTIONS:
1. Justin Bieber became the voice of quality music in 2016, that album and his collaborations were all well written and well produced. I loved them.
2. A select group of lesser male artists Zayn, Kendrick Lamar and The Weeknd.
Amongst the disappointingly awful Lemonade, ANTI and Views, starboy sounded like a fucking masterpiece. I was really surprised it even got a final though, it's kinda boring, but it's listenable especially compared to the other trash. But who am I kidding, this is all just filler while we wait for Madonna's new album to come out in 2027.

SF2- 102
John. 12
Slazorin 12
DJDVD 8
Adam 6
Javi 6
Salmon Pants. 6
Cesare Borgia 5
Fufu 5
Milan. 5
Owl-On-Speed 5
Randy 5
AdeyC 3
Drg 3
Eck 3
Igorche 3
Tennisfan102 3
The Crow 3
Zvonarevarulz 3
Litotes 2
Thanos 2
Beat 1
Histery 1
Tiefsee 1

F- 46
John. 10
Randy 8
DJDVD 5
Milan. 5
Javi. 4
Tennisfan102 3
Fufu 2
Zvonarevarulz 2

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
156- 2016
Starboy, The Weeknd

Ew 2016 was a shitty year for music. A year that saw no talents like The Chainsmokers, Beyonce and Selena Gomez dominate popular music, and alternative music didn't seem to be anything but pop music just without a major label behind it. Music has lost all of it's soul, EXCEPT FOR TWO EXCEPTIONS:
1. Justin Bieber became the voice of quality music in 2016, that album and his collaborations were all well written and well produced. I loved them.
2. A select group of lesser male artists Zayn, Kendrick Lamar and The Weeknd.
Amongst the disappointingly awful Lemonade, ANTI and Views, starboy sounded like a fucking masterpiece. I was really surprised it even got a final though, it's kinda boring, but it's listenable especially compared to the other trash. But who am I kidding, this is all just filler while we wait for Madonna's new album to come out in 2027.

SF2- 102
John. 12
Slazorin 12
DJDVD 8
Adam 6
Javi 6
Salmon Pants. 6
Cesare Borgia 5
Fufu 5
Milan. 5
Owl-On-Speed 5
Randy 5
AdeyC 3
Drg 3
Eck 3
Igorche 3
Tennisfan102 3
The Crow 3
Zvonarevarulz 3
Litotes 2
Thanos 2
Beat 1
Histery 1
Tiefsee 1

F- 46
John. 10
Randy 8
DJDVD 5
Milan. 5
Javi. 4
Tennisfan102 3
Fufu 2
Zvonarevarulz 2

I love it. Would have been close to a 12 had I chimed in that game. It's naturally badass cool without overdoing it and has quite a hook I couldn't help but follow (I like it more than "I Feel It Coming"). And that third verse is amaze :spit:

And while I am no Bieber fan, I heard some of his 2016 stuff like Sorry and had to try my hardest not to be impressed, with minimal avail.

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
157- Smilie Like Your Heart Is Broken
Faith, George Michael

Blasphemy! This song is an absolute classic and no one liked it (well, almost no one). I think maybe because the song is so understated and maybe not very memorable to others. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what the smilie I sent was :eek:h: will admit it would've been nice to do well with this song, especially since it was the week after George's unfortunate death. RIP gm. :hug:

SF1- 63
Zvonarevarulz 10
John. 8
The Crow 7
Adey C 5
ArturJFC 5
Cesare Borgia 5
Igorche 5
SliverPersian. 5
Thanos 5
Tiefsee 5
Slazorin 4
Perun 3
Randy 3
Javi 2
Lord Choc Ice 2
Litotes 1

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
157- Australian Artists
I Want You, Savage Garden

Blasphemy 2.0. I love this song and Savage Garden and the tasteless Australians hated this song. Yet "Truly Madly Deeply" got a final, this song is clearly better than that mess (Even though it's a guilty pleasure :eek:h:). How disappointing that a great and groovey song was left out of a less than stellar final. Australian music is shit anyway.

SF1- 100
Milan. 12
Slazorin 12
John. 10
Litotes 8
The Walking Bye 7
Randy 6
Adam 5
Igorche 5
Salmon Pants. 5
SilverPersian 5
DJDVD 4
Matmagix 4
Thanos 4
Shvedbarilescu 3
Zvonarevarulz 3
Leif 2
Owl-On-Speed 2
Tiefsee 2
Perun 1

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
158- Cinemaesque
The Living Daylights, A-ha

So remember that chart I had? Well I found out that "one hit wonder" A-ha are not one hit wonders, but a very well established (and sexy) band with many hits across Europe, Including 3 number one hits on my chart. This particular one is a bond theme, and my second favourite behing Die Another Day, and I was pleasantly surprised with such a great reception and even a top 10 final placement!

SF2- 136
The Crow 12
AdeyC 10
John. 10
Litotes 10
Thanos 10
Beat 8
Histery 8
Randy 8
Igorche 7
Salmon Pants. 7
Slazorin 7
Adam 6
DJDVD 6
Lord Choc Ice 6
Monzanator 5
Owl-On-Speed 5
Fufu. 4
La Quica 3
JMG 2
Big_Banana 1
TennisFan102 1

F- 110
Thanos 12
The Crow 12
AdeyC 8
John. 8
Litotes 8
Beat 7
Histery 7
Adam 6
Igorche 6
Lord Choc Ice 6
Slazorin 6
Monzanator 5
Wally. 5
TennisFan102 4
DJDVD 3
Fufu. 3
La Quica 2
Owl-On-Speed 1
Tiefsee 1

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
157- Chant Francais
Dis Moi, BB Brunes

J'ai longuement étudié ce thème, j'ai cherché de quelque chose qui soit moderne et agréable (un vautour). Je ne me souviens pas le consensus gènèrale mais je crois gens pensait qu'il était trops moyene et fade, la plupart des chansons étaient. Malheuresment pour moi, pas de finale et ma chanson était oubliée :(

Demi-Finale 1- 66
Fan de Tennis 102 8
Shvedbarilescu 7
Igorche 6
Perun 6
ArthurJFC 4
Avada Kedavra 4
Cesare Borgia 4
Randy 4
Vouloir Chanter 4
Étoile Polaire 3
G&R 3
Serg. 3
Grosse_Banane 2
Matmagix 2
Thanos 2
Fufu 1
La Corbeau 1
Pantalon de Saumon 1
Tiefsee 1

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
161- Open
Big Time Sensuality, Björk

There were several times great actress Bette Davis believed she deserved the Academy Award for Best Actress (when the actually meant something), and the award usually ended up going to another actress. I'd say this game was my "All About Eve", because this song is just fucking awesome, and looking at the songs that beat me, I was truly robbed, just like Bette. I know Adam and Beat preferred the album version (blergh) which I hate, but still don't think that affected anything. If anything here I learned that, like the Academy Awards, the best actress rarely gets the award.

SF1- 156
Salmon Pants. 12
The Crow 12
ArturJFC 10
Fufu 10
John. 10
Litotes 10
Marcus1979 10
Cesare Borgia 8
Leif 8
Slazorin 8
Wanderer 8