http://www.tournawiz.com/32draw.php?id=78&uid=mboyle

Doubles Draw:
http://www.tournawiz.com/8draw.php?id=81&uid=mboyle

Singles Qualifying Points Due: Monday, August 25, 2003 at 8:00PM EDT

Singles R32 Points Due: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 at 9:00AM EDT

Singles R16 Points Due: Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 9:00AM EDT

Doubles Teams Due: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 at 9:00AM EDT

Doubles Points Due: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 at 9:00AM EDT

I WANT TO SEE TONS OF ARTICLES THIS WEEK!
:fiery:

·
Registered
17,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tournament Schedule

Monday: Singles Qualifying Match

Tuesday: Singles R32

Wednesday: Doubles First Round

Thursday: Singles R16

Friday: Singles Quarter-Finals

Saturday: Singles Semi-Finals; Doubles Semi-Finals if necessary

Sunday: Singles Final; Doubles Final

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
48,967 Posts
Kim arrived

Kim Clijsters arrived today just after her doubles win in Zurich. In Brussels Kimmy faces Marta Domachowska who has the upper hand so far in the head to head."I think Ive figured out her game a bit. She isnt very match tough. I just gotta be the smarter player out there on Tuesday!" Kim and Elke Will play doubles.

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Pelletier to Make Debut

Marie-Eve Pelletier told reporters today that she was ready to make her singles debut on the Fantasy Tour.....

"I am so anxious! I want to happen already and get this over with! I have been practising a lot lately so I expect at least a 3 set loss anything less than that will be a disappointment!" she said firmly.

Pelletier still doesn't know if she is going to play doubles! Since she is new to the tour she has yet to find somebody but she thinks there will be someone out there for her doubles partner and a good friend....

"I love doubles! But no one really knows me yet and nobody really knows that I'm a great player! How could you not want to be my doubles partner? I'm faboulous." she stated with a few laughs.

Pelletier seemed very anxious to get back on the court to practise hard so she'd be ready for the tournament and ready to take on Stevenson.

When asked about Stevenson and how we should do in the tournament all she said was "Stevenson is a great player and I think I am too! I think it will be a pretty even match if I can work my way in the match and get my groove but you'll just have to wait and see." she said while smirking.

After Pelletier had left the room she told the reporters to wish her luck and to watch out for the rankings in the coming months.

This reporter thinks Pelletier will do great.

Full Transcript of Interview to be Released Soon....

Reactions: mboyle

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Interview Transcript with Marie-Eve Pelletier

Q: Marie-Eve are you excited to make your Singles debut on Tuesday??

A: Tuesday, eh? That long! No....I'm so anxious you couldn't imagine how anxious I am. Excited of course I am! I just want it to happen already and get this over with! I have been practising a lot lately so I expect at least a three set loss. Anything worse than that is an utter disappointment! But excited? Of course I am!

Q: Are you going to make your doubles debut or not?

A: I really don't know yet! No one really knows me yet and nobody really knows that I am a great player! How could you not want to be doubles partners with me? I'm faboulous! But I probably most likely won't unless something happens! Don't worry you'll find out.

Q: Do you like doubles though? Do you prefer not to play it?

A: No, no don't get me wrong I love doubles but like I said no one knows me yet! Soon once I'm known I'll be playing doubles frequently

Marie-Eve Pelletier: Two more questions please I'd like to get back on the Practise Courts.

Q: How do you think you'll do against Stevenson on Tuesday?

A: Stevenson is a great player and I think I am too! I think it will be a pretty even match! If I can work my way in the match and get my groove I know I'll have a chance. You'll just have to wait and see.

Marie-Eve Pelletier: Last question please.

Q: Here's a future question for you Marie-Eve. How do you think you will do when you play more and more tournaments?

Q: I don't know. Just wish me luck thats all and you'll see. But don't you worry look out for me at the top in the coming months.

·
Registered
406 Posts
alextreiber03 said:
Anyone want to play doubles with me? If you do post here or PM me!
Marrero/Pelletier?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Marta Marrero Hates Grass!

In an exclusive interview, Tennis Enquirer gets together with Spain's Marta Marrero to talk about her fledgling career.

Q: How's your preparation on grass?
A: In my opinion, grass was made for cows. I don't like how the ball bounces on it and I don't feel comfortable moving on it. You can put it up right there with smoking as my pet peeves.

Q: You lost to Steffi Graf in your last tournament. Any comments?
A: I played badly as usual. What's new? And I was preparing for my drama exam.

Q: Errr.... ok. You were once ranked as high as 3 in doubles. However, you have yet to make a commitment in doubles. Why is this so?
A: I was in depression after Serena left the tour. I wasn't ready to make a commitmenet. We had a really good partnership. I was just devastated. But now, I think I'm ready to commit. Besides, it gives me something else to do really besides hanging around all day.

Q: What happenned to your partnership with Tommy Robredo?
A: I never really liked him. I just partnered with him so that he would quit bugging me about it. The title was nice I suppose.

Q: Are you taking your medication?
A: Yes, I just took prozac an hour ago. And I had to take valium 3 hours ago. And I had to take..

Q: Oh that's quite enough detail, thank you. Are you feeling better right now?
A: I'm actually thinking of getting a lobotomy performed on me. Do you think that's advisable?

Q: Um... maybe we should end this right now, won't we?
A: Well, it's up to you. I'm just kind of in a daze here.

Q: Oh by the way, I havn't seen your coach lately. Where is he?
A: He was murdered. It was quite unfortunate. They never could find the killer. Of course, I don't really remember anything from that period. It's all a blur.

Q: All right then, thank you.
A: You're welcome. Just remember, don't let the bed bugs bite. (proceeds to cackle in an ominous tone)

We at tennis Enquirer leave you readers to infer from this highly peculiar conversation. Who knows what happened to her. All we're saying is that she may (or may not) have had to do with the death of her coach. We'll come up with more exclusive updates soon.

Reactions: mboyle

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,162 Posts
Anyone want to play doubles with Mirjana Lucic? ;)

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.