Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2220 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a thread to update & discuss the results of the German young guns? :D I didn't find any! ;)

I'll start by congratulating 15 yo Anastazja Rosnowska from Hanover, who won G4 Solarwood Luxembourg Indoor Junior Open this week! She was seed 7, and beat Czech 14 yo Karolina Bernakova, 4-6 6-0 6-3 in the final. :yeah: She also notably beat the 17 yo top seed Natalie Kallmunzerova (another Czech :p - world #272) 4 & 0 in QF.

I also noticed last week that Jule Niemeier, who is 15 yo as well, had a great run at G4 Bavarian Junior Championships last week, reaching the SFs as a qualifier! :yeah: Sadly, she gave a WO in her SF against the top seed Hana Mraz. :[ :hug:
This week she played the Luxembourg Open as well, she used a SE, but had to retire in R2 against... Berankova at 5-7 down. :sobbing: Hope she's fine. :hug:

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
^ Great idea! :D :yeah:

I am not surprised that you obviously have a lot of knowledge about the german juniors.

I have to admit that i don't know much about the german youngsters, but i will surely post some match reports and impressions here in case i visit some junior tournaments.

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to admit that i don't know much about the german youngsters, but i will surely post some match reports and impressions here in case i visit some junior tournaments.
Cool, definitely hope you can visit some! :D

Tbh, I'm no "junior tennis scholar" really, actually I just try and check all the U18 tournaments' final rounds results (just finalist and runner-up if I feel lazy, from QFs on if I feel motivated) at the end of the week. :awww: Except for the tournaments where my bunch of faves play, I tend to follow round by round. :p

I can't really recall any German youngster that made me think "wow!!1", from the top of my head, right now...
I just remember that at Les Petits As there was a girl called Alexandra Vecic. I thought about Donna when I saw her name in the draw. She qualified but iirc she lost in R1. :hug:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Late update, but I'm doing some catching up on these last weeks' junior results, and I see that Anastazja Rosnowska won G4 NRW Junior Open in Mönchengladbach 3 weeks ago. She was the 4th seed there and beat Czech top seed Michaela Bayerlova (#273) 2 & 3 in the final. :yeah:

This brought her to a new CHR of 287 last week! :)

·
Premium Member
62,608 Posts
Nice thread :)

·
Registered
54,052 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
16 yo Emelie Luisa Schwarte made the final of G5 Amman International Tournament 2 in Jordan this week. :)

She was the 2nd seed there, lost to Egyptian top seed Farah Yasser Abd El Wahab, who is a year older, in the final, 7-5 4-6 3-6 :hug:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Late update, but Eva Marie Voracek (1999) made the final of G5 ITF Luzern Junior Competition two weeks ago. :yeah:

She was the 4th seed there, and lost to French 7th seed Mylène Halemai (2001) in the final, 3 & 3. :hug:

Her best win that week was over French 5th seed Juliette Colard in QF, 4-6 6-0 6-1. :)

That brought her to break into the Top 400 for the first time last week, reaching a new CHR of 385 (+48). :bounce:

·
Premium Member
62,608 Posts
Re: All Other Germans Cheering Thread! (for players who don´t have their own thread)

Im G5-Turnier in Colombo, Sri Lanka hat die erst 13-jährige Chantal Sauvant die an Nr.5 gesetzte Yi-Chen Pao (TPE) gleich 6-0, 6-0 vom Platz gebombt.
Bisher hat sie nicht besonders überzeugt, in der Schweiz gegen Milenkovic und Joanne Züger verloren. Aber wer weiss, sie ist ja noch seeeeehr jung!

·
Premium Member
62,608 Posts
Danke. Sorry, wusste nicht, dass es diesen Thread gibt.

Reactions: rucolo

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
Die aktuellen Platzierungen der deutschen Juniorinnen

Top 600

17. Katharina Hobgarski
179. Irina Cantos Siemers
248. Katharina Gerlach
250. Anastazja Rosnowska
315. Shaline-Doreen Pipa
351. Jule Niemeier
394. Eva Marie Voracek
416. Linda Puppendahl
418. Lara Schmidt
479. Emelie Luisa Schwarte
537. Vivien Klein

Hinter Katharina Hobgarski ist eine große Lücke

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
There's another 2000-born-based-in-Spain German girl who is looking promising too! :eek:h:

Christina Berchtold, who is living in Palma De Mallorca, won Cat. 1 G16 Torneo Internacional De Tenis Sub 16 XIII Memorial Nacho Juncosa in Barcelona today! :)

She was the 2nd seed there, and took out 3 consecutive seeds in convincing fashion on her way to the title - she beat 8th seed Daniella Medvedeva (2001) 0 & 4 in QF, 3rd seed Teodora Ristic (2000) 7-5 6-3 in SF, and top seed Daria Frayman (2002) 6-0 7-6(5) in the final :yeah:

Congrats to her, that's her 2nd title - she won G16 LBS Muller Junior Cup in Germany in August (she won a superclose match against Nadine Keller from Switzerland in the final, 6-7(2) 7-5 7-5) - and 3rd final (in June she had to retire in the final of G16 Pont Des Générations against Marina Bassols Ribera) this year.
Her W/L ratio this year is 22-5.

She's never played any G18s so far though (unlike a lot of girls her age or younger), it'll be interesting to see how she does in these tournaments with older girls. She's played little - as compared to most top girls who play almost as much tournies as most pros these days - actually: 7 so far this year, 6 last year, 3 in 2013 and 1 in 2012. ;)
She must be focusing on school and training, which is not a bad idea at her age.

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also, Linda Puppendahl (Dec 1999) won her 1st title this year at G4 Riad 21 in Morocco! :)

She was the 3rd seed there, beat (WC)Rime Benhadi 6-0 4-0 ret. in R1, (Q)Joanne Zuger 1 & 3 in R2, Sofia Sualehe 4 & 2 in QF, Sihem Bellahouel (who thrashed the top seed in R1) 4 & 4 in SF, and 2nd seed Lauryn John-Baptiste (1999, CHR 316) 3 & 2 in the final! :cool: :yeah:

This run was very welcome, as she had failed to ever reach the QFs in all the tournaments she'd played this year before... :awww:

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
There's another 2000-born-based-in-Spain German girl who is looking promising too! :eek:h:

Christina Berchtold, who is living in Palma De Mallorca, won Cat. 1 G16 Torneo Internacional De Tenis Sub 16 XIII Memorial Nacho Juncosa in Barcelona today! :)
Thanks. Interesting. Excited to see her development

I saw in Christina`s facebook profile she is fan of Lisa Wohlgemuth ! :eek: :hearts:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
16 yo Emelie Luisa Schwarte made the final of G5 Amman International Tournament 2 in Jordan this week. :)

She was the 2nd seed there, lost to Egyptian top seed Farah Yasser Abd El Wahab, who is a year older, in the final, 7-5 4-6 3-6 :hug:
Emelie made another final last week, but this time she won it! :D

At G5 7th Bahrain ITF Juniors Championships, she was the top seed, had a bye in R1, beat Aaliyah Ebrahim 3 & 0 in R2, (5)Lily Reynolds 6-0 2-1 ret. in QF, (4)Camille Verden Anderson 4-6 6-3 6-3 in SF, and (8)Themis Haliou 0 & 3 in the final :yeah:

She avenged fellow German Lara Schmid (2000) who fell to Haliou in SF, 0-6 5-7. ;)

Congrats to her on her 1st singles title this year, and first U18 title as well! She's up to a new CHR of 408 (+74) this week :)

She also won the dubs with Camille Verden Anderson

Edit: This week she played G5 Fujairah Junior Championships where she was the top seed as well, but got upset by Vitalia Stamat (a girl solid U14 results) in SF, 5-7 6-4 1-6 :hug:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Emelie is actually playing the 75K Dubai qualies now :eek:

She thrashed Kristin Yordanova in Q1 today (0 & 2), will face 4th seed Diana Buzean (WTA 406, CHR 343) in Q2 tomorrow :cheer:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But Emelie got thrashed by (8)Sandra Samir (WTA 530, former junior #13) in Q3 today, 1 & 0 :tears: :hug:

1 - 20 of 2220 Posts