Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite Iva Majoli's slump this year, Croatian tennis has a very bright future ahead of it. Karolina Sprem is playing her first full season and has already taken a set off a top 10 player and beaten a top 30 player. Ivana Abramovic is also playing her first non-challenger season and has already qualified for two main draws and it looks like she might make a break through some time soon. Matea Mezak is no longer injured. She and Darija Jurak game the doubles pair of Myskina and Dementieva a major scare in Moscow. Ivana Lisjak just turned pro and is only 16 years old. This week she made the finals of Maglie ($25 K) and lost to Nemeckova 7-6 in the third set. Silvija Talaja and Jelena Kostanic now seem to have regained there for and look ready to at least re-enter the top 50. And, who knows, Iva might just win Berlin ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes-go croatia. Does anyone have any info on Jelena Pandzic-she has played only one tourn. this year. Popadic and lucija have also had some good results lately-along with Ozegovic!

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Again...Myskina was ranked #11 when Sprem took a set off of her.

So Sprem has NOT won a set from a Top Ten player.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Hurley...piss off...that's such a lame technicality :rolleyes: There's no reason why you would ever bring that up, other then to bring another player down....geeze

and GO CROATIA! =D

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Yeah, Hurley is right, Nastya wasn't in the top 10 at that point. And I'm not even sure that Likhovtseva was in the top 30, because she certainly doesn't play up to that ranking.

And since when is a 6-4 6-4 scoreline considered a "major scare"? For anyone who doesn't know, that was the score of Myskina/Dementieva's win over Jurak/Mezak in Moscow.

I don't want to degrade Croatian tennis or anything, but I'm just pointing out the exaggerations/mistakes you made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts