Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this girl and i fight with all of them that she says she is a one shot wonder player
but what is her future?
what is she is going to do in RG?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Fernandez has been injured this year, and that has affected the quality of her play. She's so slightly built that it's easy to see injuries being a part of her future and keeping her from fulfilling her full potential. That said, I don't think I'd have ever pegged her to be a top 10 player. The 2002 French Open could easily be the highlight of her career ... but what a highlight! She strikes me as a solid top 50 player who will pull off the occasional upset, especially on clay. Given her recent form, nothing she does at this year's French Open will surprise me -- unless she goes beyond her seeded place in the tournament. A first or second round loss wouldn't be a total surprise, as she has played lousy most of the year. Players who have big breakthroughs in one year frequently struggle in their next year on the tour.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Clarissa is not so slight anymore...have u seen her lately?

She has put on some pounds and muscle...but like u said injury has played a big part in her lackluster play and may be all the pressure got to her...

Maybe after RG she can just relax and play her game...she sure is going to take a tumble if she doesnt defend those points :(

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i don't think she is quite a top 10 player but i think she is capable of reaching top 20 and maybe even top 15. obviously the injuries have prevented her from playing her best tennis not only physically but you're not as strong mentally because the thought of getting injured again stays on your mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts