Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the funniest thing you have seen or heard a player has done on the court?

For me it's Tammy thinking she had won a match when she still had another game to win in her match against Daniela at this year's U.S. Open. I didn't get to see it and only heard of it with some pictures of her raising her arms.

Reactions: Gallofa

·
Premium Member
20,718 Posts
lol Tammy was very funny, butwhat about Venus vs Tauziat at Wimby in like 2000 I think, when Venus sat down on the chair and it collapsed from underneath her and she fell on the ground?!

lmao I still laugh heaps thinking about that and even Tauziat was laughing at what happened! lol

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
You may find this boring but I think it's quite funny... :)

I saw Lindsay once playing at Wimbly against Asagoe and there was this point where Lindsay thought the ball was in but the ball person actually said it was out.
Lindsay went angry and complained...
She yelled "Are you retired?":lol: :lol: 2 times at the ref...the ref was embarassed and went red coz the crowds were whispering...but then Lindsay knew she couldn't change it so she kept on playing...

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
TenniSta said:
lol Tammy was very funny, butwhat about Venus vs Tauziat at Wimby in like 2000 I think, when Venus sat down on the chair and it collapsed from underneath her and she fell on the ground?!

lmao I still laugh heaps thinking about that and even Tauziat was laughing at what happened! lol
It was US Open 2000, but that was funny. Venus missed the chair halfway.

·
Diosa Contable
2,605 Posts
kim4eva said:
She yelled "Are you retired?"
I think what she asks is "Are you retarded?" I saw her at Wimbledon this year playing with Lisa Raymond, and she went off and said stuff like that. Much to both of their amusement. She got a warning. So Raymond added "She only asked you if you were retarded". To more giggles from the both of them.

I think they were probably 2 of the very few people who thought any of that was funny. I found it very insulting and a bit demeaning.

·
Veelieve!!!
33,802 Posts
TenniSta said:

Oh I remember that so clearly-- It was the 2000 US Open.. Venus was playing horribly and managed to lose the second set. I think Tauziat laughing at her really pissed her off, because she came out :fiery: in the 3rd set. :lol:

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Patty Schnyders "tanking" against Anna Kournikova in 1999 Amelia Island (6-0 6-2) Not that it was actually funny in any verbal or action sort of way, she just never went for anything or did nothing) Shouldn't you be trying to win over someone you hate not tank it ?

Anyway The Funniest Action was when Venus's beads scatterd on the court

The funniest Verbal was when Martina Picked up one of Venus Beads and gave it to a journalist, "Heres one of Venus's Pearls" or something to that extent, that was just halarious.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Rothes said:
Patty Schnyders "tanking" against Anna Kournikova in 1999 Amelia Island (6-0 6-2) Not that it was actually funny in any verbal or action sort of way, she just never went for anything or did nothing) Shouldn't you be trying to win over someone you hate not tank it ?

Anyway The Funniest Action was when Venus's beads scatterd on the court

The funniest Verbal was when Martina Picked up one of Venus Beads and gave it to a journalist, "Heres one of Venus's Pearls" or something to that extent, that was just halarious.
You accidentally put this in the wrong thread before didn't you?? ;)

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Knizzle said:
You accidentally put this in the wrong thread before didn't you?? ;)
You noticed *Blushes*

·
Diosa Contable
2,605 Posts
A funny/bizarre moment from this year's Wimbledon. Conchita was playing dubs with Husarova, when suddendly Conchita's trainer who was just by us and had been coaching her during the whole match screams "Conchi! Conchi! Come here! Ven! Ven!" really loudly, in a mix of Espanglish. Conchita was a bit shocked, like "this is not a good time you know" but the other woman goes on "Come! Come! You have a bug inside your t-shirt!" so Conchita scrunches up her face and runs to the trainer saying "Oh shit! oh shit!" very girl-like, arms flailing around and everything. The other woman grabs Conchita raquet, turns her around, raises Conchita t-shirt way up and takes the HUGE bug away from Conchita's back, and when it falls to the floor "THACK!" she smashes it with the racquet. It's a wonder she didn't break the racquet she hit it so hard. Then Conchita for good measure, stamped on the bug a few times, to re-kill it, I asume.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Gallofa said:
A funny/bizarre moment from this year's Wimbledon. Conchita was playing dubs with Husarova, when suddendly Conchita's trainer who was just by us and had been coaching her during the whole match screams "Conchi! Conchi! Come here! Ven! Ven!" really loudly, in a mix of Espanglish. Conchita was a bit shocked, like "this is not a good time you know" but the other woman goes on "Come! Come! You have a bug inside your t-shirt!" so Conchita scrunches up her face and runs to the trainer saying "Oh shit! oh shit!" very girl-like, arms flailing around and everything. The other woman grabs Conchita raquet, turns her around, raises Conchita t-shirt way up and takes the HUGE bug away from Conchita's back, and when it falls to the floor "THACK!" she smashes it with the racquet. It's a wonder she didn't break the racquet she hit it so hard. Then Conchita for good measure, stamped on the bug a few times, to re-kill it, I asume.
:haha: :haha:

·
Registered
897 Posts
In the finals of Newport in 85, Pam Shriver was playing Chris Evert and getting beat up in the second set, she was at the net and Chris passed her. Pam turns to the ball that passed her right as it his the sideline, and amazed that it had hit the line, screams at it "NO!" and hurls herself on to the grass. Watching that was hysterical! At the tennis hall of fame no less hahaha! I luv ya Pam!

Jay :D

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Steffi Graf @ 96 Wimbledon: Shes playing the semis against Kimiko Date and looks so serious when some fan shouts out "STEFFI! WILL YOU MARRY ME?" She just burst out into the biggest smile I've ever seen, looks up and yells back "How much money do you have?"

Tanasugarn at the US Open this year.

Virginia Ruano Pascual at 98 Wimbledon-She was beating Serena and then serena just randomly defaulted with some mysterious injury and walked off court, didn't even shake Vivi's hand. Vivi gives this PRICELESS look of amazement, shrugs her shoulders and starts jumping up and down like she won the tournament and then curtsies to all four corners of the court :lol:

Elena Baltcha calling Jana Kandarr a "fuckin twat" under her breath during a match at the US Open last year.

Maureen Drake, just the way she acts on court each and every match.

This isnt really on court, but I thought it was priceless. After Capriati beat Sugiyama in Australian Open to get to her first GS Semi in 10 years or so, some reporter asked "Jennifer, if somebody had told you a few years ago that you would be back to your old form and reach a GS semi, would you have asked them what they were smoking?" Jen just kinda grinned and fiddled with her necklace before saying "No comment."

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.