• Keep it as it is

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
King Aaron said:
Haven't we had this conversation/discussion before? :wavey:
We did, but things have changed. At this point, Shahar is the top player from Israel. Also, although this was the case last year, Anna is divorced so the name of the thread does not make too much sense. It really is time for a change.

·
Team WTAworld, Mr. Try Too Hard
52,159 Posts
FlushingMeadows said:
We did, but things have changed. At this point, Shahar is the top player from Israel. Also, although this was the case last year, Anna is divorced so the name of the thread does not make too much sense. It really is time for a change.
Anna is still the most recognizable player from Israel.

Yeah, there's also a 'smash' word in the title. To me the name makes sense. 'Smash Pistols' can refer to the other Israeli girls. 'Pistols' doesn't have to mean Pistolesi. ;)

With that said, I understand if people wants a name change. But we all must agree on a nice name, then we can proceed.

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
I'm not sure if I want to change the name.

I'm thinking that maybe it's time for a name change- since Shahar is ranked higher than Anna, and has more and more fans. It would probably get more people to enter this forum.

That being siad, I'll go with whatever the majority thinks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
King Aaron said:
Anna is still the most recognizable player from Israel.

Yeah, there's also a 'smash' word in the title. To me the name makes sense. 'Smash Pistols' can refer to the other Israeli girls. 'Pistols' doesn't have to mean Pistolesi. ;)

With that said, I understand if people wants a name change. But we all must agree on a nice name, then we can proceed.

I'm not trying to diminish Anna's accomplishments. But I think that we can all agree that she is not the only prominent player from Israel anymore. Personally, I would prefer a name that is not specific to any one player.

There were a few names suggested the last time and I can not remember all of them. But I would vote for "Kadimah - the Israeli players' forum." I realize that not everyone knows what "Kadimah" means, but some of the other threads use non-english words. I imagine that many fans have heard Israeli players shout this during a match the same we all have heard "Vamos" from the Spanish players.

·
Team WTAworld, Mr. Try Too Hard
52,159 Posts
To be honest, I've not heard of 'Kadimah' before. ;)

It's understandable if you all want the name change. Just make sure it's catchy and interesting, something like the current name. I'm not a fan of the simple and boring names. But then, that's just me. ;)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm...I have a nice idea

There's in the bible the "Sons of Israel" - who walked 40 years in the desert.
"The daughters of Israel" can be cool :cool:

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
FlushingMeadows said:
I'm not trying to diminish Anna's accomplishments. But I think that we can all agree that she is not the only prominent player from Israel anymore. Personally, I would prefer a name that is not specific to any one player.

There were a few names suggested the last time and I can not remember all of them. But I would vote for "Kadimah - the Israeli players' forum." I realize that not everyone knows what "Kadimah" means, but some of the other threads use non-english words. I imagine that many fans have heard Israeli players shout this during a match the same we all have heard "Vamos" from the Spanish players.
"Kadimah" might be the Hebrew word for "come on", but its also now the name of the biggest political party in Israel (well, they will be after the elections). :eek: So I'm thinking using that word in the forum's name might not be such a good idea.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's a decision? :) I think that we should decide on 4 names and open a pool - the name with the biggest amount of votes will win :p

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Nimrodg said:
No porblem :wavey: ...but which names?

"Tennis Israel"
"The Israeli Army"
"The daughters of Israel"
:confused:
yes and also add (from previous suggestions):

"Abra-Ka-Sabra"
"Smashing Israelis"

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
I'm sure I've suggested 'Israeli Army' before, and someone said it was already existed?
Anyway,

1. Emek Israel :p
2. Israeli Army
3. Smashing Israelis

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
I voted for the "Smashing Israelis" :)

"Israeli Army" brings back way too many bad memories :tape:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts