Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,12180-1092206,00.html

British number two Greg Rusedski says that Pete Sampras' days as a tennis force could be over.

Rusedski, who lost in the first round of the French Open to Russian Nikolai Davydenko this week, believes the career of the 14-time Grand Slam winner is in sharp decline.

Sampras, 31, withdrew from Wimbledon two weeks ago claiming he was not competitive enough.

The American insists he isn't about to retire, but Rusedski said: "I think it's going to be very tough for him to get back. It's not easy. But I guess time will tell whether he wants it or not."

Rusedski has had a strained relationship with Sampras since he claimed after their US Open match last year that the seven-times Wimbledon champion was a step slower than in his prime.

Sampras retorted by saying that he did not need to be any quicker against Rusedski - and went on to win the tournament, beating Andre Agassi in the final.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see Pete chuckling to himself and lets go back and prove the f oot-in-mouth Rusedski wrong again :eek:
it wouldnt be the 1st time

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
This time, I think he may actually be right. But really, I can't believe Rusedski responded to such obvious bait - the only reason why he was sought out for a view on Sampras' apparent retirement was in the hope that he might put his foot in it again and let something careless slip out, he must have known that.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Linus probably has some towel lint on the brain. :eek:

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
actually, i think he was right the first time, but only about the part where he said pete was a step slower.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
rusedski is an idiot. doesn´t he understand that he is only bashing himself (well at least with the us open comment)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
whew! i feel better...i actually thought this was a real thread about feet in mouth disease and god knows i've been sucking some toes lately! boy, i was very scurred!

thank god it was only a greg r. story! :cool:

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I don't see what's so bad about him thinking that Pete might not come back again.

Nevertheless, I can deal without Mr. Rude-ski

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Have Rusedski's days as a tennis force ever come, is the question I ask when I read this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts