Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my goal this winter is to not come out the other side with 10 pounds of extra baggage, which is what I usually do. I've also taken a new interest in cooking and recipes so we'll see how much I can keep this up, so come on everyone I know we can all talk about it. :devil: Let's help each other out! ;)

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
It's a nice idea, and I'm also trying to lose some weight. But I'm not gonna post all about it on here!

Good luck with it though! :D

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Sam L said:
So my goal this winter is to not come out the other side with 10 pounds of extra baggage, which is what I usually do. I've also taken a new interest in cooking and recipes so we'll see how much I can keep this up, so come on everyone I know we can all talk about it. :devil: Let's help each other out! ;)
My only 'diet' advice. Take your weight (in pounds), divide it by 2. That number is the number of ounces of water you need to consume every 24 hours. If you do that I GUARANTEE you will lose some weight.

For example:
If you weighed 180 pounds. Divied by 2 = 90
So you need to drink 90 ounces of water everyday.

Worked for me 3 summers ago... I lost like, well quite a bit of weight.

Only downfall.... you pee alllllllllllll the time!!! I'd have to get up about 3 times per night when sleeping to go let the lizzard out. :0

I'm doing it again to get trim and buff for when I go visit my bitch down under. :angel:

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
lol yes, drinking alot of anything is always bad - coz it makes you pee heaps! :p

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Seles, you seem to be onto something, though I'm not sure I'd take it to such an extreme. Everyone is supposed to drink 64 oz of water as part of a healthy diet. Most people eat when they are really thirsty (lots of interesting theories behind that one), so drinking more water is good for you. I'm not sure if drinking 90 oz is still healthy, but I suppose if you didn't have any dire effects (besides the constant bladder explosions ;)) . . .

Sam, exercise is a great way to combat weight :) I'm starting up my regime this summer as well, a combination of endurance and strength training.

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
It is NOT summer for Sam or me - we are in Australia! We are going into winter! :p

btw, there has recently been in the news here that no one knows where the "drink 8 glasses of water a day" comes from coz there is no research that prooves it does anything - other than making you pee alot, and maybe feeling a little less hungry! ;) :p

·
49,309 Posts
Well I don't know any science behind it, but I promise the 1/2 your weight in ounces theory works. I even overdid it. I was drinking about 200 ounces a day, just because. I never drank Coke or anything else, well maybe some OJ, because I was never thirsty. I ate a bagel at breakfast, and a normal meal at night (Like pasta, steak, whatever I usually ate). And within like 2 months there was a brand new me.

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
bagels :confused: aren't they full of fat???

I eat toast and have fruit juice for brekky, cycles at least 20 kms a day, have fruit as snacks and usually have either pasta or a couple of rolls for lunch. Dinner is the worst meal fat wise, coz all meat seems to have much damn fat in it (which sucks coz I love my meat)! I do drink alot of water - but you can't live on water, you still need to have three proper meals a day. But yeah, cutting down on coke and soft drinks really does help, coz water has no calories! :D

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
All I drink is water.

Now all I'm gonna start eating is crackers.

·
49,309 Posts
Plain bagel. Yeah, probably has a lot of fat... but if I have to get up at 430am for work, I'm gonna have me some fat. :) I don't really eat lunch very often. At work, it's always so busy we really don't have a chance to get away to eat food. And in the event we bring something, inevitably if it's hot it gets cold, and if it's cold I just don't find the time. Stress is a good weight reducer, but I don't condone adding any of that.

:wavey: Jordan.!!!

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
inkyfan said:
It is NOT summer for Sam or me - we are in Australia! We are going into winter! :p
Yep Sarah's right, and that's the biggest problem. In summer, I'm fine cause I eat vegies and fruits and drink heaps of water (Seles, I don't know if I can drink that much! LOL) Although at work it's good cause I'll never sit down long enough to get bored. lol

But in winter, my diet typically consists of pumpkin soup, coffee, pastries, pizza, garlic bread, muffins, pretzals, pasta, bagels, tea, butterscotch fingers, biscuits of all sorts, chips and vegie burgers. All the tasty stuff. :rolleyes: So I'm really trying not to go anywhere near that stuff this winter.

See I had a tasteless salad just then at lunch and an orange juice. Yum.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
i drink about 96 oz of water a day. and im only 120 lbs. i cant imagine just drinking 60 oz a day... i LOVE water. its about the only thing i drink... and i usually have arizona green tea once a day. yum. and in the winter i drink loads of orange juice... keeps me from getting sick.

the only exercise i do is walking/jogging the dog. i play bball and volleyball usually 4 times a week.. i played beach volleyball almost everday last year.. gotta love the beach :) when i go to maine for vaca in the summer, i usually do a lot of hiking, climbing, biking, and kayaking. yeah and i have lots of sweaty, wild sex.

all the food i eat is kiddie food. i eat like an 8 year old.. thou i eat lots of it.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Water helps you lose weight or it's just healthy for you?! I don't drink enough water, and the medicine I am taking already gives me an overactive bladder. I don't need more water!!!!!! I like my pee yellow :eek:

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
inkyfan said:

btw, there has recently been in the news here that no one knows where the "drink 8 glasses of water a day" comes from coz there is no research that prooves it does anything - other than making you pee alot, and maybe feeling a little less hungry! ;) :p
I realize that, but since I'm in the northern hemisphere, its into the humidity for me!

Well, one of the theories behind overeating/water drinking that I was talking about is the idea that as we as humans have evolved, our thirst drive got considerably weaker, so we mistake being thirsty for being hungry.

Bagels being full of fat? Depends on what kind you have, I suppose . . . but plain ones, I don't think so.

You guys don't buy into the hype about high protein/low to no carb diets do you?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Forget bagels... What about eggs?! I can cook it any kind of way, but there is always a new healthy or unhealthy opinion on it, so I never know the right way to go about my eggs?! LOL!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Seles said:
Plain bagel. Yeah, probably has a lot of fat... but if I have to get up at 430am for work, I'm gonna have me some fat. :) I don't really eat lunch very often.
LOL! Well, okay, I suppose ODing on water is one of the more harmless things you can do to yourself ;) Sounds like you have some good eating habits. I myself can't eat in the morning because it makes me sick, but I find myself really hungry at night, which is the worst time to eat because you eat a ton and sleep. One of the things I do to try to combat this is drinking a lot of water during the day.

1 - 20 of 288 Posts