Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would just be interested to hear how other Europeans are getting on with the Euro.

I understand that the franc will cease to be legal tender as of 00:00 tonight.

From what I've heard on the radio and in the newspapers etc. it seems that things are pretty much going smoothly so far. Are the queues any longer as people are adjusting to the change or is it easy as pie? One woman was saying that every time she went shopping she just handed money over, and hoped that the shopkeeper was giving her the right change. LOL

However since most of the people on this board are under 35 and quite culture savvy, I guess it may not be a true representation of how things are for the majority.

I'm looking to the day when the UK will have to join, and am still trying to get my head round how the conversion rate will work in different countries.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I still often think when something costs by example 1 euro that it is 2, 20 in guldens but other then that it`s going fine:D

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
I love the Euro
;)
From Spain:p

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
The queues aren't longer than usual, most people pay electronically anyway. Yesterday, I finally spent the €20 note I'd withdrawn on Jan 1st!

I was in Paris last month and it was wonderful being able to pay with the currency! The people at the ski resorts are also very happy with the euro, they love the new money. For people in the tourist business things have simplified an awful lot.
I haven't encountered a single machine that didn't accept euros. All the vending machines, parking ticket machines, they all work as they did before. Some machines have stopped accepting Belgian franks even though it's still legal for some days yet. But I think everyone is now paying everything in euros anyway.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
I like the Euro :)
People talk about abolishing the 1ct and 2ct, but I think they forget that that also means that prices are gonna be round off again!

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
I would very much like round prices, cause those little coins are very annoying. And those vending machines in Hasselt still don't work with Euro's :(
For the rest it's going very good with the €.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts