Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I guess it really is over now:sad: would really like an official announcement though!!
I'm not holding my breath. However, a simple "Yes, I've retired from pro tennis," in some form or other does seem appropriate. It sounds simple enough; maybe it isn't and she's working her way up to it. Maybe she is disappointed in herself for not being able to finish her career on a real high such as she believes was expected of her and hoped to achieve herself. Perhaps an announcement is just an exercise in self-importance to Jelena or maybe just stating the bleeding obvious and so unnecessary on either count. Who can say why there hasn’t been or may not be an announcement. The official word will filter down in due course I feel sure - hopefully while there is still sand in the hourglass and the memories have not faded. ;)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Who lives in Melbourne?? Can someone take a picture of her to see how she is ATM??

·
Registered
655 Posts
haha no problem... I hope she does appear someday :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm really surprised at how little attention as been given to her retirement in the media. I didn't even know until I discovered this thread, and that's having previously searched it on google a number of times. I hope we'll see her on the tour someday with the protegee she's no doubt working with ;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Jelena will participate in Legends draw in Melbourne, with Navratilova, Davenport, Bartoli, Majoli and others...

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
"Legend" lol...

61 - 80 of 106 Posts