Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From In Touch Magazine (a gossip mag, pretty picture oriented, like US magazine meets TigerBeat!)

Call them J. Lo and Ben of the tennis world. They may not get the same amount of attention as everyone's favorite celebrity couple, but singer Mandy Moore and tennis hunk Andy Roddick, currently the No. 1 seeded player in the world, are the courtside item of the season. The couple met when Moore, 19, was filming the upcoming flick, How to Deal, in which she plays a lovestruck teenager. Her burgeoning off-set romance with the one-time U.S. Open champ helped inform her performance. "Here I am, having just met this guy who I'm completely crushing on and mad about," she says, "and as soon as I'm off camera, I'm running to check the phone and see if he called. I loved it." As for playing tennis with her beau, she says, "I'm terrible. My job is to just sit in the stands and cheer him on. That's it."

BAH!!!!!!!! WHAT WAS THAT!!!!

Why, I didn't know Mandy was dating Lleyton Hewitt and that he is the no. 1 seeded player without currently being in a tournament!

And please, no comments on Andy himself, thank you :cool:

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
That's dumberer than dumberer.

But you don't expect a gossip column to fact check, do ya;)

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not about facts!!! They said "no. 1 seed in the world!" That doesn't require a fact checker-- it just requires not being stupid! LMAO Us magazine would NEVER make such lame mistakes.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's not a tabloid, it's like Us magazines--and Us is a good anti-tabloid. It's not very trashy. They are both magazines that have all the latest celebrity news, and they confirm or reject the latest buzz ans rumors for you, so In Touch was always pretty reliable-- UP UNTIL NOW!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
OMG! That's so bad it's funny! I wonder if they got Andy mixed up with Andre? Because, you know, they look and act so alike ;-)!

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Mrs_Guga, if you say that's a gossip mag you should expect things like that? After all, their focus is not on facts, isn't it?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MrsTheBoiledEgg said:
Mrs_Guga, if you say that's a gossip mag you should expect things like that? After all, their focus is not on facts, isn't it?
I didn't expect it

They are both magazines that have all the latest celebrity news, and they confirm or reject the latest buzz and rumors for you, so In Touch was always pretty reliable--
Anyway, expected or not, I was just pointing out something funny I read.

And SpikeyAidanM, they DID get the hunky part right!! LOL!! :drool:

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We always buy People, and US, and all the fashion magazines at my house. We are so celebrity obsessed and very nosy on their business! I like the bigger gossip mags because they're not flat-out yellow journalism like a tabloid

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
Ahem... sorry to be the party pooper but it seems to me they are talking about the world #1 and current U.S. Open TABLE-tennis champion, who coincidentally is also named Andrew J. Roddick.
And, since "tennis" is a commonly used abbreviation for table-tennis amongst fans of the sport, the article is in fact 100% error-free.

[Correction: there is actually one minor, barely-noticeable mistakelet in the article - it wasn't Mandy Moore who hooked up with Roddick, it was the lesser-known but better-looking pop starlet, Brittany Spears.]

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
LMAO. i knew people were dumb, but not this dumb, especially writers for magazines. LMAO he should have been fired when the editor saw his rough draft, let alone the final draft

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I hope for Mandy Kim does not find out she is dating the number 1 player...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts