Tennis Forum banner

281 - 300 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Maky's serve was tragic at the beginning of the year. It looked better in her match against Petra.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Wednesday OOP

Siniakova - Kr. Pliskova
Strycova - Martincova
Krejcikova - Muchova
Krejcikova/Strycova - Muchova/Vondrousova

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
bartunkova is simply pure talent! from top to down!
First time I've ever seen her. Tremendous first serve for such a slight build - just a shame that there were so many double faults, and that she couldn't convert either of the match points in the second set tie-break. In saying that, though, she saved seven set points from Fruhvirtova. What really cost her in the end was winning only two out of her seven points in the match tie-break, with her four unforced errors including a double fault.

She's seven months younger than Fruhvirtova, so I'm guessing we'll see a lot of her in the future.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
What happened?
For me it was just that she was so hyped up every time she came off the court for a change of ends. I won't fault her for being enthusiastic because, after all, she's just a kid. For me, Krejcikova would be her perfect doubles partner, for exactly the same reason that she and Siniakova work so well together. Barbora is Miss Cool, Calm and Collected, and it ALWAYS settles down her much more volatile partner.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Finally Pilskova/Pliskova and i can not see it... :(
That was a REALLY good doubles match. Nine aces from the twins, and all except one (I think) were from Kristyna. For me, she has simply the best serving action around. Unfortunately, though, she served a double fault in the match tie-break, and you just can't ever afford to do that when you're playing a half-decent team, let alone the pair who are probably the second-best in the world right now.

Kristyna's singles win yesterday was really good, and I'm looking forward to today's match against Siniakova.

·
Registered
144 Posts
First time I've ever seen her. Tremendous first serve for such a slight build - just a shame that there were so many double faults, and that she couldn't convert either of the match points in the second set tie-break. In saying that, though, she saved seven set points from Fruhvirtova. What really cost her in the end was winning only two out of her seven points in the match tie-break, with her four unforced errors including a double fault.

She's seven months younger than Fruhvirtova, so I'm guessing we'll see a lot of her in the future.
Oh i thought Frühvirtova would be older than 17 from her face, uhmm i might forgive her now but her court attitude was quite annoying yesterday.

It is fantastic that Bartunkova can generate this much power at that age. Her build is slight but she looks professionally fit. i believe she will be inside top 20 before 20. what struck me most is that the level they displayed yesterday. They were able to construct and dictate points at such a young age without any signs of pushing which is the expected normal! however it seems Bartunkova has more shots in her reportoir.

I wonder how could Czechs build such a strong women tennis tradition? Mega talented players are popping up every year!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have no idea what is going on with Muchova. Her forehand is a total mess. The more time she has, more she misses it. I dont get it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Krejcikova&Strycova seriously lost the 2nd set from 5-0 40-15 up :ROFLMAO:

281 - 300 of 307 Posts