Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In just over a month, Jen will be turning 30 years young. I thought we could have a little countdown to the big day. Feel free to post favorite photos, classic articles, poems, songs, links to classic Jen threads, etc etc. Have fun!

There are now 31 days until Jen turns 30:)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Tennis wise, her birthday's make me nervous...the higher up we go on the birthday count the lower we go on the playing count. Time is definitely ticking for Jen...I just hope there is more time left in her than expected. Ok, I don't want to think about that right now.

On the other note, birthday's are always fun and happy days. We all know that Jen will be hitting the bars/clubs...maybe with that supposedly new boyfriend. Plus, it sometimes means new articles and pictures of Jen!! I am all up for that!

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
:lol: She's an old lady. But plz gives us one last run. :worship:

·
Registered
51 Posts
30 in tennis terms seems old enough! But one last return from jen would be great

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here are a few facts that will make Jen sound young in tennis years.....

-Andre Agassi was 35 when he made the US Open final and almost 33 when he won the Australian Open.
-Jimmy Connors made the USO semifinals in 1991. He was 39 or 40!
-Martina Navratilova won Wimbledon at age 33 and was runner up at age 37!

If Jen can get her shoulder and wrist back to full strength, she will be very refreshed having been off the tour for over a year. If she is healthy, I think she could play good tennis into her mid 30's if she has the desire to.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
JennyS said:
here are a few facts that will make Jen sound young in tennis years.....

-Andre Agassi was 35 when he made the US Open final and almost 33 when he won the Australian Open.
-Jimmy Connors made the USO semifinals in 1991. He was 39 or 40!
-Martina Navratilova won Wimbledon at age 33 and was runner up at age 37!

If Jen can get her shoulder and wrist back to full strength, she will be very refreshed having been off the tour for over a year. If she is healthy, I think she could play good tennis into her mid 30's if she has the desire to.
I agree totally! :worship: and to add to that, Jen missed 2 years (94 & 95) plus some time in (97-98)--- having missed that time should def. add to her longevity--- in tennis terms she really is only 27! Agassi won the majority of his slams after the age of 29 (FO 99, USO 99, AO 00, 01, 03)---- these are all things that should tell us that Jen could very well be a viable competitor for slams for a few more years....

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
TeamUSA#1 said:
I agree totally! :worship: and to add to that, Jen missed 2 years (94 & 95) plus some time in (97-98)--- having missed that time should def. add to her longevity--- in tennis terms she really is only 27! Agassi won the majority of his slams after the age of 29 (FO 99, USO 99, AO 00, 01, 03)---- these are all things that should tell us that Jen could very well be a viable competitor for slams for a few more years....
I think Jen will be around for at least another 4-5 years. Andre is a big inspiration to her!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
RJWCapriati05 said:
I think Jen will be around for at least another 4-5 years. Andre is a big inspiration to her!
I sure hope you're right!! That would be sweet! :bounce: :cool: :)

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two more days to go!

Reactions: bigshow21

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
1 more day to go!!! :bdaycake: :aparty: :rocker2: :bounce:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love You Jen And Can T Wait To See You Back!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Happy Birthday Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts