Tennis Forum banner

The comments after Kim's loss against Lina

1K views 34 replies 24 participants last post by  venusfan 
Kim and her coach are two different people. Just because he believes one thing doesn't mean Kim will agree or do everything he tells her to. So I don't think there's any huge conundrum there.

IMO, Kim made the wrong decision to play, but the thought of disappointing all those lovely Canadian tennis fans probably made her reconsider. It was a foolhardy act of matyrdom, and I hope she did learn her lesson from overexerting herself.

TeeRexx said:
"He says it's a good thing she lost, it's better for her preparation of the USopen"
=====

Yeah right, nothing like a real good loss to a way under ranked player in the first round in a match just before the U.S. Open.

A real momentum builder, eh? :rolleyes:
I don't think his comments mean what you are hoping it to mean. He's not thinking of the match when he says he's glad she lost, he's thinking of her health, glad that she's out of the tournament and able to rest. The momentum was already built. She didn't need another tournament to play. And it wasn't a first round match, nor is Lina Krasnoroutskaya a "way under ranked player".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.