Bye vs. (4) T.Tanasugarn/S.Viratprasert

(3) M.Sharapova/I.Tulyaganova vs. Bye
J.Capriati/A.Kournikova vs. D.Bedanova/A.L.Groenfeld
K.Clijsters/E.Dementieva vs. K.Flipkens/M.Matevzic
Bye vs. (2) L.Davenport/V.Williams

Important informations

#1 : Seedings is based on the ranking from 22th of September
#2 : Deadline to commit to the doubles draw is on Wednesday 8 a.m. GMT
#3 : Deadline to send points in singles (100 into three sets) is on Tuesday, 4 p.m. GMT
#4 : Deadline to send points in doubles (100 points into three sets) is on Thursday, 4 p.m. GMT
#5 : Results will be done in colours :

Players from The Worst Bitches
Players from Silly Pussycats
Players from Absolute Fighters
Players from Sexy Beauties

Have fun and support your team!

Commit doubles teams (your partner can be from other groups)!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
It's the third Grand Slam of the year, and some say the most prestigious of them all - Wimbledon

The grounds at Wimbledon with the new Number 1 court in the background

All of FLT's stars are here to battle on Wimbledon's hallowed turf to become Grand Slam champions like Evelyne Van Hyfte and Anna-Lena Groenefeld. Could Anna-Lena do the double?

The most famous tennis court in the world, Wimbledon's Centre Court

The Main Challengers
GABRIELA SABATINI

Gaby is FLT's most consistent performer, and will be a favourite with the fans as ever. Her grass court preparation did not go well however with a quarterfinal loss in Amsterdam last week. Gaby is the top seed and has a first round bye.

ANNA KOURNIKOVA

The UK tabloids will have a field day when Anna Kournikova causes a stir at SW19. However, she is not just a pretty face and is the second seed on merit. With a good grass court game, Anna is one to watch in more ways than one. Anna has a bye in the first round.

MAJA MATEVZIC

Third seed Maja Matevzic is in rich form, sweeping the singles and doubles events in Glasgow last week. Consistency and court craft have seen her out play the power players, and the grass courts will suit her well. Maja has a first round bye.

KIM CLIJSTERS

Fourth seed Kim Clijsters has built up a huge following with her ready smile and fun on court demeanour. Now the number 1 Belgian, Clijsters will want to use Wimbledon to step up from world-class to true superstar. Clijsters has a first round bye.

MARTINA HINGIS

5th seed Martina Hingis has returned to form, taking the title last week in Amsterdam, and reaching the doubles final. She looks in good form on the grass and will be aiming to use the big hitters power to win through. Hingis has a bye in round one.

JELENA DOKIC

Jelena Dokic is the 7th seed but among the top favourites. A finalist in Amsterdam last week, Dokic likes the grass and will be the player the top seeds all want to avoid. Dokic plays Chand Rubin in the first round.

Also in action this week will be another tabloid favourite Maria Sharapova, her doubles partner Iroda Tulyaganova the Williams sisters Serena and Venus, French Open champion Anna Lena Groenefeld, as well as all round singles and doubles players like Alicia Molik, Nathalie Dechy, and the Thais Tamarine Tanasugarn and Suchachan Viratprasert. It should be an exciting week in London!

·
Martina&Roger <3
7,425 Posts
Who wana play with Martina? Maggie? Anna? :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Tanasugarn hopes to play her very best form in London​
New Tammy practicing in the second day of her since she arrived to London​

"I love grass court. It's my best surface. I hope I can do very well here. You know, I beated FLT's number 1 last week, and that makes me feel more confident. But I don't want to think about that too much. You know, I didn't do well in Granslam here. I want to win in my first round. Everybody wants to win in this round. So it will be always tough for me to win first round. Bovina must give me a tough match." Tanasugarn said after her practicing.

"I will play double with Viratprasert. We're doing not bad in FLT. Our aim this year is to be in Semifinals. I hope we can do it." Tanasugarn said.

·
Registered
13,496 Posts
Clijsters & Dementieva :)
Can I send points, please ?? ;)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.