Tennis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Not the easiest R1 but could be worse. AVU can be a bit of a nutcase on the court from what I've seen in the past so who knows how she'll deal with being on CC at Wimbledon against home favourite etc. Emma's got nothing to lose at this point cause of how bad the prep has been and the fact she won't be at 100%, maybe that will help her swing freely
Hello heavyhorse I think your view mirrors what I was thinking in that this is a bit of a tricky first round draw but not the worst one Emma could have received. One thing it isn't though (which is what we all wanted) is a nice easy first round to ease her back into the swing of things after not having played for a few weeks. If she isn't at or near her best in Round 1, she will have a tough time. 😕

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Stuart Fraser (telegraph reporter) said he saw her practicing on a court and came off it looking downbeat - he then found out she then cancelled her Court 1 practice with Murguruza at short notice. Could be something as simple as a change of schedule, but given the recent issues with ailments and injuries it does point to something more bleak imo. We’ll just have to see how the story develops and see what happens.
Oh no this is worrying. 😥😥

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
The fact that we haven't heard anything from her team...and the fact we won't hear anything until tomorrow...is pretty concerning now. :(
Sadly there aren't many possible reasons why she would have cancelled the second session on Court 1: -
  1. Her abdominal strain started to hurt again
  2. She incurred a separate injury
  3. She felt ill
  4. She received some bad news that caused her to have to urgently leave e.g. close family member emergency
I'm not sure I can think of anything else? 🤔

1 - 19 of 118 Posts