Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
It was good to see her at Wimbledon today with her racket bag and hitting partner. Hopefully she had a good hit, and later today some fan or other will post some short videos of her practice. But I guess she will go through Wimbledon without a "real" coach or even "trial" coach -- no coach in sight today.
Might be a good idea to postpone any potential cooperation with a dedicated coach until after USO. Right now, expectations are being constantly lowered, which is prolly better for Emma. After USO (which she's unlikely to defend) most of the season will be over, and it's unlikely she will qualify for YEC, so this would be the best time to work with a new coach.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
A more cautious report than I would have hoped for considering the smiley pictures from today. Dickson speculating it’s still possible Emma won’t be fit enough to play.
It's a newspaper. Whatever they say, unless they got direct information, it doesn't mean much, they will speculate the exact same way us Joe Schmoes do.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Seriously, aca99da? How long have you been following Emma? We'll 'know' she'll be playing Wimbledon until the injury scare we'll get sometime on Sunday, when everything will be up in the air again. We'll know for certain Emma's playing when she hits that first ball! :LOL:
Meanwhile someone is probably taking bets on how many games into the match Emma will pick up another injury/re-injury and in which set she retires.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Um, yeah, possibly. But you have to admit her first two rounds are pretty easy. There were a lot of dangerous unseeded players that she could have drawn. It’s fine, I’m not complaining for that or anything. Good for her :) I was just observing the situation.
Yes, I admit it, and I'm glad of it, honestly. Iga has not played at all since RG. I'm hoping for her to get as many grass matches as possible before the first difficult opponent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts