Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
Just for the purpose of clarity: Emma will neither gain OR lose points here?

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
When I read ‘Emma Raducanu will not be fully fit for Wimbledon’ I just think she should withdraw. It’s sad, but long term fitness and health is more important. I still can’t believe she picked up that injury at the beginning of her very first match in Nottingham.. she’s had such a rough time with injuries all year long. Very frustrating. But I go back to my initial point: long term health is more important.

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
Pricilla has said on her Instagram she had to withdraw due to food poisoning last night.
Yikes, I wonder where from..

• Sad
Reactions: gbar23

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
Oh gosh, I just visited this thread for the first time in a while and it took me to page 12 where I last visited. And now we are on page 36.

I can’t trawl through 24 of pages.. can someone just summarise current discussions in a short paragraph for me lol and I can pick up from there.

• Haha
Reactions: iGOAT and aca99da

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
Thank you aca99da and Wobs as always - I just watched the PC and thought it was generally positive.. but she didn’t deny feeling any pain, so that’s a slight concern.

Reactions: aca99da

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I’ve just checked my work diary for Monday and I’m in b2b meetings from 1pm - 4pm and then for half hour at 4.30pm. I’m going to miss Emma’s match aren’t I? :sobbing:

• Sad

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I’ve not commented on Emma’s first round match yet in EE. For me it depends on 2 scenarios:

1. Emma is fully prepared and playing without restriction following successful practice sessions: Emma will prevail with the help of self will and the British crowd to fight through the rust & lack of match prep

2. Emma is ill prepared due to lack of practice and/or moves gingerly around the court due to restrictions or lack of confidence in her own fitness; in which case AVU prevails

I think success at this stage will be Emma competing and completing a match. If she can get to that point but doesn’t win a match, at least we know she can then turn her attention to D.C. with the latest injury behind her.

·
Registered
34,884 Posts

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I love the ear-rings and necklace here, and her ring (a bit obscured in that particular pic).

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I've got some bad news guys. 😥 Lionel says that Van Utyank or whatever she is called looks too much like a lion so he is refusing to eat her. 🦁
Lionel doesn’t like the taste of royalty? 😮

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: iGOAT and aca99da

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I've got some bad news guys. 😥 Lionel says that Van Utyank or whatever she is called looks too much like a lion so he is refusing to eat her. 🦁
What are your thoughts on AVU? I’m sure you have commented here already but I’ve missed the last 20 or so pages 😬

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
Definitely similarities between the 2.. I hope Emma doesn’t get confused & curtesy to AVU!

Forehead Chin Shirt Eyebrow Dress shirt
Clothing Forehead Eyebrow Cap Headgear

·
Registered
34,884 Posts

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
If it’s just causing pain but not restricting movement, maybe their plan is to pump Emma with painkillers on Monday so she doesn’t feel anything. 😮
I was wondering about that, her pain management.

They managed to numb Nadal’s foot pain during the FO. I wonder if they can numb Emma’s side pain with the same medication. Even better, numb her whole body for 2 weeks so she can then win the whole thing pain free 😉

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I'll numb your whole body for 2 weeks for suggesting doing that to our Sweet Emma, you bounder! :ROFLMAO:
Listen, whatever it takes for her to win is my motto, as long as it’s legal 😉

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
She literally said she's fit and ready to go. She wasn't allowed to directly answer questions about her injury, hence the avoidance. She's fine.
The best source of information we should believe is from Emma herself, so I agree.

Reactions: Overserved

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I believe Emma at her word, tomorrow should be fun
This last sentence just kickstarted some butterflies fluttering in my stomach = realisation

• Love

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
Realisation that Emma plays again tomorrow? 😍
Her match will probably start around 3pm won’t it? I’m in work meetings until 5pm.. how will I compartmentalise? 😱

• Sad

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
I love that first pic. Emma leading her entourage like she is royalty - they must walk 10 steps behind her.

• Haha
Reactions: redcuplemonade

·
Registered
34,884 Posts
  • Haha
1 - 20 of 60 Posts