Tennis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: The Championships at Wimbledon Draws and Results [2012] - Seeds ANNOUNCE & PLACED

Bowden/Nemayeva

Mixed double : Pamela Bowden / Mario Maurer

·
Registered
19,335 Posts
Re: The Championships at Wimbledon Draws and Results [2012] - Seeds ANNOUNCE & PLACED

Sleeping Beauty and the curse​

Siri in her white dress which makes her invisible in the draw

Once upon a time there was a blonde girl from a land far away where the sun never sleeps in summer who brought joy and happiness to her country by reaching the final at the most prestigious event in the white sport - Wimbledon.

One day the bad fairy Tibraka appeared in the land where the sun never sleeps in summer and cursed the young girl called Siri. She then failed to win even one single match on the green courts of Wimbledon and turned her country in an eternal sleep of desperation and disappointment.

Four years have gone by since then and the thorns keep on growing and the failure is glueing on the poor girl called Siri as she is now unable to win a match on that island where the grass is greener than everywhere else. On her road of defeats she has met seven dwarfs who have given her seven losses.

The whole country is desperately awaiting the end of the darkness and that the curse of the bad fairy Tibraka is broken. The remembrance of the days full of bright light seem so long ago that they appear like a dream to them. But even in the middle of the biggest disappointments there are glimpses of hopes who appear like a small starlight inmidst a sea of darkness. Like 12 months ago when a brave girl called Harper managed to help Siri get to the doubles final and almost complete there doubles career Grand Slam. Although the bad fairy Tibraka prevented that try of escape the girl called Siri discovered that the power of the bad fairy isn't almighty. She has to keep on believing in order to overcome the thorn bushes and free the country from the darkness.

A new year has arrived and once again all eyes are focused on Siri and if she is strong enough to win over Tibraka. Like every year the good fairy Fortuna is appearing and trying to help the girl called Siri break the curse. Her power seems to rise as she has managed to make Siri invisible in the draw lowering the pressure from her shoulders. But will it be enough for the kiss of release?

Cinderella and the Wimbleball​

Miranda is dreaming of shining at the Wimbleball

Once upon a time there was a little girl called Miranda whose beloved mother has died early and whose father married another woman. This was the beginning of a hard time for the little girl with the blonde locks. Her biggest dream was to go out dancing at the senior balls like her stepdaughter. The evil stepmother laughed out loud and said that she would do everything to prevent her from sullying the good name of the family with her embarassing appearance.

The little girl called Miranda kept on begging so that the evil stepmother resorted to a ruse. If Miranda would show that she is one of the best junior players she would let her to the ball. The poor girl called Miranda gave it all she had left to win the junior Championships and hoped for the allowance of her stepmother to accompany her stepdaughter to the Melbourne ball. The stepmother laughed at her with the words that she still isn't one of the best junior players in the world and made her do some extra training at the junior courts for punishment. The poor girl called Miranda felt treated unfairly and disguised herself in order to get to the Melbourne ball unrecognized. However she was weakened as her real talents were disguised too and she had to leave the Melbourne ball in a hurry. The same scenario occured at the French ball.

The moon has made a full roation on the sky since then. The news of the most prestigious of all balls has in the meantime reached the dwelling of Miranda. It's name makes all the daughters and stepdaughters in the different countries shivering from excitment - the Wimbleball. Once again the little girl called Miranda begged her stepmother for permission and added that she has now reached number 2 in juniors and won a doubles Grand Slam. The evil stepmother laughed at her once again and focused her with her cold grey eyes as she replied that she still isn't the best junior player in the world and a disgrace for the whole family.

With teary eyes Miranda thought of dancing with her beautiful Cinderella dress at the prestigious Wimbleball and finally prevail in the first round. She knows that she has to keep on believing in order to overcome her evil stepmother. Green is the colour of hope and the color of the floors of the Wimbleball.

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·

Just an FYI - these would have been the next seeds. (In the parentheses are the points behind the 16th seed)

17-Siri Cornetsson (38)
18-Torres (175)
19-Im (196)
20-Perez (259)
21-Wong (314)
22-Anastadis (349)
23-du Preez (413)
24-Pirilenko (478)
25-Casanova (681)
26-Kane (840)
27-Afanasyeva (958)

·
Registered
6,504 Posts

Hilarious Siri :lol:

·
27,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·

Singles Draw is posted in the first post :)

Here is a copy of the information from the draw -- PLEASE READ ALL :D :)

Tournament Information
  • Everyone must send new points as this is a grand slam
  • Send grass points to me within 48 hours of doubles draw being posted
  • Sign in for doubles and mixed doubles - deadline Monday at 4:00 PM EST
  • Say full name of mixed doubles partner otherwise I will create it ;)
  • Everyone gets 100 points for mixed doubles
  • Juniors may only play doubles with other juniors and may NOT enter mixed doubles
  • Juniors also only have 80 points to send
  • Good luck! :)

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
Re: The Championships at Wimbledon Draws and Results [2012] - SINGLES DRAW POSTED

Di Francesca-Beck/Day in for doubles.
Di Francesca-Beck/Joshua Federer in for mixed.

Any junior want to pair up with Mydelton? :angel:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Re: The Championships at Wimbledon Draws and Results [2012] - SINGLES DRAW POSTED

Szczotka-Strozna in doubles with anyone.
In mixed with Tomas Berdych again. :)

·
27,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·

Di Francesca-Beck/Day in for doubles.
Di Francesca-Beck/Joshua Federer in for mixed.

Any junior want to pair up with Mydelton? :angel:
Pippya Middleton and Mpule Kwalegobe in doubles? :)

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts

Pippya Middleton and Mpule Kwalegobe in doubles? :)
Mpule should stop playong only senior events.

Either you a re a junior or you are not. But if you only play the senior events this is more like a second player and IMHO its unfair to other senior players.
This discussion already appeared during the first junior era.
I think juniors should havr played at least four times as many junior events as senior ones per season.

·
Registered
15,763 Posts

Anyone for doubles with Bothavksa? :)

Mixed with Ryan Harrison :wavey:

·
Registered
15,763 Posts

Miranda Bothavska is seen here in third round action at the French Open where she lost to Giuseppina Benedetti 7-6 6-3. This was a very good showing from the young Lithuanian who was able to upset the second seed Ruflina Taliamanosoko 0-6 7-5 6-4 in the second round. Miranda showed amazing talent in that second round clash and many said she had a shot at winning the tournament. Bothavska was a little rusty going into her third round match, and after losing the first set seemed a little too out of sorts to make a comeback again.

At home in Lithiania, Miranda was greeted by fans at the airport and held multiple autograph sessions at her home tennis club. Many little kids said that she was an inspiration to them and that they want ti be as good as her one day. This also helped bring attention to little sister Davae, who gained much publicity as well through her sisters success.

We spoke with Miranda's coach after the French Open(Tommy Sashowitz), and he had many positive things to say about Miranda.

"This was great experience for Miranda as it was getting to the latter stages of a Grand Slam tournament, and she had to learn how to deal with pressure. Miranda showed real talent in all of her matches and showed everyone what a bright future she has. I am so proud of her and cannot wait to see how she does on grass this year. (her best surface) She will play in ITF tournaments and then try her luck at a WTA tournament later."

Miranda showed her great form again on the grass by winning two ITF titles and gaining much more confidence going into Wimbledon. She will play Ariel Aries in the first round who she previously beat in the Quarter-Finals at the ITF event in Nottingham.

Bothavska will be one to watch at this years Wimbledon, and everyone will be watching her.

·
Registered
12,849 Posts

Aries / Matthew sly for mixed :)

·
27,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·

Mpule should stop playong only senior events.

Either you a re a junior or you are not. But if you only play the senior events this is more like a second player and IMHO its unfair to other senior players.
This discussion already appeared during the first junior era.
I think juniors should havr played at least four times as many junior events as senior ones per season.
noted but unlikely to change. Mpule only has time for the Grand Slams.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts

Jane Wong is seen practicing in Wimbledon

Jane Wong looking for one last glory

3 years has gone since her come back from a 2 years hiatus and Jane Wong is still searching the form that bring her to the top previously.

"It can be frustrating sometimes since I have put a lot of effort everyday, at the gym and in the practice court."

"But the tour has become stronger, pure hard work does not mean you will have success"

There were doubts on the commitment from Jane Wong on the tour who has pretty much been absent in most interviews, press conference, players parties since her comeback, she hardly talk to anyone except her doubles partner Ziyi.

However there is no doubting on the commitment she has on the court who have entered tournaments every week. "In the end I want to play and that's what I am here for, I will really love to go on players parties and have fun with the girls but unfortuneately I do not have that much time to do these things nowadays." She has been managing her business in China remotely and spend most of outside tennis time managing the business.

Asked why she is still playing, "There is a part of me who want to get one last glory and maybe win slams, and be number one again. I still have a list of things I want to do for my career." She then go on a whole list of things she want to get, Olympics gold, roland garros, Wimbledon, US Open, Aus Open. Doubles grand slam and mixed doubles, no. 1 in the world, she then burst out laughing, "If I want to achieve all of that, I may have to play till I died, I need to stop dreaming"

Asked of her goal for this year , "this year it is all about Olympics, I hopefully can enter singles and doubles there, and that will be the most important focus for us." ."But Wimbledon is also very important since it is the most prestigious tournament and I will definitely give it my all."

Will Jane Wong crash out early again or will she tick off one of her to-do list for her tennis career? We will need to wait and see.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Aleesha Stosur here practicing on court 7 in Wimbledon

Aleesha Stosur looking for glory​
With only one title in her career, Aleesha Stosur has come to Wimbledon to show the rest of the world what she is made of. In her Grand Slam history she has only got up to Round 2 once where with being the luck of draw.

In a press conference earlier today she said, "The Premier Manadorty and Grand Slams are liking being in The Hunger Games with everyone watching you."

With her first round match against a junior called Maria Broseghini she would be hoping to take a victory which could be a second round match against the 10th seed Samantha Soren. With a Round 1 and Quarter Final in both Nottinghams, a Round 1 elimnation in Eastbourne dented her chances from 40/1 to 75/1 and with her possibly being her last grass tournament of 2012 for her she is hoping for a good showing.

·
days are gone
17,856 Posts

Chantal, is it my turn to send?

·
Registered
25,115 Posts

Very tough draw for Jen :eek::lol: Looking forward to win at least one match here,at least I don't have to worry about defending any singles points from last year^^

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts

Nthama/Patersson
Nthama/Tuki Jacobs :)

·
Registered
6,504 Posts

Nerves and Doubts Rack Young American Anna Kenndal

As I walked by the practice courts, I saw a younger girl that I placed as Anna Kenndal struggling to hit the ball over the net. I had seen her play with precision and driving shots that just cleared the net before so these terrible shots that were coming off her racket were news to me. Her coach didn't seem to be frustrated with her but he seemed concerned as she was visibly showing nerves while just practicing. I stuck around for the rest of her session and the situation didn't improve. She had also played fairly well in the grass warmups particularly in doubles winning her first title in doubles in nottingham and reaching the doubles quarterfinals at Eastbourne. When she came of the court I asked her what was wrong and without looking at me she just said "I'm just really nervous for the grand slam." I did get much more out of her coach who gave me a long answer when I asked him about what was going on the with the American.
"Anna is a great player who has started off her career very well with some strong results in ITF's and in regular tour events. She is developing very well as a player and working well in doubles but seems to have a mental block when it comes to grand slams. She desperately wants to do well and she had a terrible experience at the French Open losing in everything she entered. Those losses didn't affect her as much when she played in her warmup ITF's and in Eastbourne but now that she is back at another grand slam she is feeling very nervous. I really am determined that she will shake off those nerves when she gets on court because she can't be failing under the pressure she puts upon herself. If she gets further she could be in the spotlight a lot more than she is now and then will have more expectations riding on her. The pressure of trying to get into the olympics in doubles and trying to win a match at wimbledon has really gotten to her. Right now she shouldn't worry about the and she should be be a free spirit playing for the fun of playing. I am confident about her abilities and that she will get over this mental block."
And there you have it, Anna Kenndal who has not yet been noticed and given thought too by the FWTT tour is already feeling the effects of pressure.

161 - 180 of 488 Posts