Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever read this book? I've just finished reading it, and I cannot find another word to describe it but AMAZING.
The funny thing is that after reading I checked out what was Lindsay's favourite book and guess what... :eek: !

It's the story about this teenage boy Holden who's going through some changes in life, growing up. I mean I say this after analazing the book, but the story is very simple actually. I strongly recomend you guys to read it.. I'm in no way saying you'll like it, because there are some people who simply hate it, but I believe it's a very nice book indeed to read. And besides, it's the one our fave likes the most!!!

Joaco

·
Registered
589 Posts
Oh Yeah! :) it's my fave book, i read it when i was 16, i think... really fantastic!! :bounce: :)

Reactions: Elske

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
its a classic isnt it? i havent read it yet and since im studying philology and have to read like 20 books every year errrr i'd hardly have time but i'd love to read it actually...i know it must be good! :D

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
I read a few years back, Its a great book:)

Reactions: Elske

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
im still on princess diarys!!

the 3rd one..i find them really funny

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
u havent ever heard about Lance Armstrong,the best rider of the world who won 4 Tour de France in a row? :eek: well if u dont know his story,this book could not tell anything to u.but if u know his story,then u'll love his autobiography.He speaks about his cancer,his fight for life,his comeback to races and then his victories.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
Lindsayfan said:
"It's not about the bike" by Lance Armstrong is my fave book by far.
I love that book, He is one remarkable man :hearts:

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Hey joaco! I'm actually reading "Catcher" right now in my english class. Basically any teenager can relate to Holden. By far the best book I've read since last year's "A Separate Peace".

But I would have to say my fave book of all time is a tennis one: "Venus Envy". I'm not sure if you guys have seen this book or not? It's by John Wertheim, and he explains the 2000 WTA season in full detail. It has so much about Lindsay, especially from Down Under and Indian Wells. He includes plenty of fun player quotes and so much rich gossip that I had never heard before.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts