Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - Everyone else has one, I personally think we should have one too ....

M

·
0 Posts
Look at it

Look at it. Look at what it symbolises. It's a dog, and it symbolises Britain... that Bulldog spirit, the pride,

Evrytime I see a bulldog in the street I think of the Union Jack, and the fact I come from Britain... I get a sense of patriotism that you just cannot get from looking at another animal. Not even a donkey.

The Bulldog, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and yes, even the Welsh salute you.

LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY...
DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAA,
DA, DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAA DA,
(This song is actually about England, not Britain but I'll sing it anyway)

Right, we need some pics of typically English/British things.

Beefeaters
Pie and Mash
Losing on Penalties
The Great British Banger
Guy Fawkes Night
Pearly Kings and Queens
A British Pub, serving the quintessential British fry-up or Bacon Barms/cobs and with Only Fools and Horses on the TV, Newcy Brown Ale, Walkers Crisps...
Boiled Beef and Carrots
Sven Goran Eriksson (A Swede, but English in our hearts, P.S. he really does look like Mr Burns)
Nelsons Column
Gazza Crying
Sheep (for the Welsh)
Flags
The Queen... actually leave her out.
The Full Monty
Steak and Kidney Pie
Fish and Chips
That expression on Stuart Pearce's face when he scored that penalty against Spain...

·
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bounce: @ joey - that's the spirit :D

M

·
0 Posts
How could I forget!

I got that picture on a t-shirt, now that picture... oh it's awesome.

I was at bloody work when that game was on though! The store was dead, no-one came in apart from some bloke who wanted to know the score, and he didn't buy anything! We were all updated by text and kept announcing the score over the store tannoy! Anyway we were let out early and legged it to the pub for the last two minutes, just when that final whistle blew, the sheer euphoria. Grown men who you knew as being hard as nails were crying their eyes out. And then you go into the street, and it's like everyone has a Union Jack or St Georges flag or something, people dancing round and stuff (with obviously the anti-German songs being sung, and people shouting "we've bloody done you this time!" at Volkswagens!!! :confused: )

Just absolutely brilliant. Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant.

·
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... this isn't working so well ...

Hop on baby!!

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
:eek: you english people's breakfast is GROSS! i mean sausages for breakfast? ewwwwwww!

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
what do you eat in Llamaland Liz? ;)

M

·
0 Posts
English Breakfast... mmm

Plump lincolnshire sausages, scrambled egg (or fried egg), fried bread, chopped tomatoes! fried mushrooms! fried onions! hash browns! Bacon! AND A CUP OF TEA TO WASH IT ALL DOWN WITH! YES! YES! OOOOOH YES!

Oh yeah and optional baked beans... Oh yeah and eggy bread, mind you I think there is a law that you can only eat that on scout camps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts