Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

first i thought my internet connection didn't work properly today, but then i took a look at other sites (menstennisforum amongst others), and the new wtaworld.com is nerve-wreckingly slow. other people complained in different threads about this, too, so i'm not the only one.
what happened? :confused:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
25,925 Posts
it's much slower for me too!!!

especially when openning a post!!! :sad: :mad:
it takes about 40 secs for me :rolleyes:

·
Webmaster
2,107 Posts
One of the big changes in the way the latest releases are coded is using tables instead of DIV tags to align everything so that it's compatible with more browsers. It's possible that on slower machines and older browsers it will take longer to render all of the tables on the page even with faster broadband connections.

·
25,925 Posts
Poe, it's the opposite for me

on my new computer (Win XP) the board is very very slow
and on my old computer (Win 98 and much worse characteristics) is way way better

:confused:

·
Registered
46,728 Posts
Everything loads quickly until I try to view one of the message threads in a forum. These threads all take about 40 seconds to load on my computer too and my computer is top of the range. Very annoying!!!!!!!!!!

·
25,925 Posts
c0bra said:
Everything loads quickly until I try to view one of the message threads in a forum. These threads all take about 40 seconds to load on my computer too and my computer is top of the range. Very annoying!!!!!!!!!!
exactly the same happens to me :( :(

·
Webmaster
2,107 Posts
I've read complaints on the support forums that using Mozilla can slow down the rendering of thread pages.

What browser and version are you using to view the board?

·
Registered
46,728 Posts
Okay I think I've caught the "bug". Can those who were experiencing problems let me know if the board is loading a lot faster now?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts