Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
25,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a book club? What I would like to do is get a list of interested people together do a book every 3 months.

In the past the big problem has been finding a book many people have.

Please indicate which books you already own in your first post. if the thread leads to discussions about the books that's fine-this is all about sharing!:)

·
25,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Books I have:

Martina, by George Vescey and Martina Navratilova
Chrissie, by Chris evert and Neil Amdur
Ladies of the Court , by Michael Menshaw
Billie Jean, by Billie Jean King.
Steffi,.....

Gallery of Champions, by Helen Jacobs

Courts of Babylon
Hard Courts
Venus Envy

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would be willing to try to be a "good", active participant in a book club :) I also have Martina and Ladies of the Court in addition to many others- biographies and books on the tour (Courts of Babylon, Hard Courts, Tough Draw, Venus Envy, etc.)

·
25,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be willing to try to be a "good", active participant in a book club :) I also have Martina and Ladies of the Court in addition to many others- biographies and books on the tour (Courts of Babylon, Hard Courts, Tough Draw, Venus Envy, etc.)
That's great Grafiati! Do you have the book about Steffi? (the subtitle is Public ....Private...)

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
As well as ones mentioned already, I have:
Hana Mandlikova's autobiography
Passing Shots by Pam Shriver (fave of all time)
The Rivals (Chissie, Martina)
Book of Tennis quotes

·
25,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As well as ones mentioned already, I have:
Hana Mandlikova's autobiography
Passing Shots by Pam Shriver (fave of all time)
The Rivals (Chissie, Martina)
Book of Tennis quotes
Great CzechFan! Grafiati-do you also have "Passing Shots". That book always makes me laugh-with "wacko Hana" and Chris with all her doubles partners.
The section in Martina's book that always gets me is where she talks about her grandmother. Talk about getting misty eyed...

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Great CzechFan! Grafiati-do you also have "Passing Shots". That book always makes me laugh-with "wacko Hana" and Chris with all her doubles partners.
The section in Martina's book that always gets me is where she talks about her grandmother. Talk about getting misty eyed...
The part in Martina's book is not only the sad story about missing her grandmother, but also the horrible scene she goes through in much detail about when she first saw her parents after the defection, and the way her parents reacted... Finding out that her biological father was a depressive who committed suicide and your parents telling you thats how you will end up.. That must have been traumatic...

Pam cracks me up so much. Good examples are calling Hana wacko and calling out Chris's manipulation of the public into cheering for her, but also whatabout how sensitive Pam is, and how much she hates it when Chris stops speaking to her...
Pam doesnt invite Chris to a small bday dinner, so Chris gives her the silent treatment.. Pam has the audacity to say in a press conference at wimbledon that she is happier to be on Chris side of the draw than martina's... enough for another frosty, silent treatment period from the Ice Maiden lol!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts