Tennis Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1856 Posts

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
So it got indeed way closer between JTB and Martin. Best skiing time for Fourcade. Too bad he messed up after his second shooting and even fell in the shooting range. Precious seconds.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
So happy for Fabien Claude. Especially today. His father passed away in a tragic accident 2 days ago in Canada. He really had the heart of a champion today.

·
30,771 Posts
Indeed way closer between the two, that's certainly more interesting than before. Martin reactions at the end were a bit worrysome imo, he looks sad/devastated.

I think the mass start will say a lot on how Martin will take this lose, he did an almost perfect race and should be expected to be in better skiing form (with JT not racing for some time) and still lost, hard to take that.

Nawrath pulling this results is surprising to say the least (still remembering how he fucked up Dahlmeiers retirement race).

At this point i assume Guigonat wont have a chance to race at all in the World Champs (Martin, QFM, Desthieux should be locks, Jacquelin will be in the sprint and FClaude on the individual?), just shows the unbelievable form team France is in.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts

·
Registered
36,724 Posts
Fourcade was so cocky in past weekend without JTB around... and after a months doing everything but the biathlon, JTB comes back and already beats him :sneaky::devilish: (Fourcade's face on finish line was a bit like "oh fuck, he already came back")

Claude hugs

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Lol Fourcade was not cocky. He himself said last week that his form in January was probably better than his actual level and that it wouldn't last that way for long. If that's the definition of cocky, well...

JTB had a full month of rest, he doesn't have 2 weeks in the legs in January and still was slower than Fourcade on the skiis. I don't see how this race is in any way negative for Fourcade. Especially given the fact that Fourcade had the pressure of starting later, he knew he could not miss. And Fourcade fell.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
He didn't seem cocky to me. More like regretful, because the 10 or so seconds difference means he would have most likely beat him, had it not been for the fact that he a) had trouble grabbing his sticks first on the range, b) took a nosedive into the snow almost right after.

Hopefully he proved to everyone today that his form returning had nothing to do with JTB being gone. But obviously some naysayers won't just let it go.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Bescond randomly showing her nose again. Good shooting. Vitozzi too.

Weird skiing time from Eckhoff. Quite far from Braisaz.

·
Registered
12,113 Posts
Lol Fourcade was not cocky. He himself said last week that his form in January was probably better than his actual level and that it wouldn't last that way for long. If that's the definition of cocky, well...

JTB had a full month of rest, he doesn't have 2 weeks in the legs in January and still was slower than Fourcade on the skiis. I don't see how this race is in any way negative for Fourcade. Especially given the fact that Fourcade had the pressure of starting later, he knew he could not miss. And Fourcade fell.

A full month of rest? Have you had kids? JTB slept about three hours on average and was very much worn down, and pretty surprised to be able to ski as fast as he did. He should be a lot faster for the WC.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
France too strong today. Hopefully they will repeat at the WCs. I liked both teams.

·
Registered
72,290 Posts
so delighted for the Estonians, always so nice and friendly. I think this will really boost the confidence, especially of Rene, who has never quite lived up the expectations of juniors successes.

Italian journalists attacking Bormolini for being a mess when the guy fell, broke both poles and his rifle and still shot his way in the prone despite not being able to put the rifle on his shoulder....

Pot luck for Tiril who looked quite in distress at the end of the individual. It's good precaution she went home as missing the trainings now before WCH would be quite disastrous

1761 - 1780 of 1856 Posts