Tennis Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1785 Posts

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I'm so, so pleased for Kaisa for winning this race. I'd never guess she'd be actually the most stable shooter in a weather like this :D Hopefully this isn't her last win, it's obvious she's still got it in her. Davidová's shooting has really gone south after the Grand-Bornard sprint.

Fourcade is really making the most of JT's absence. I do wonder if he'll keep it up after what he comes back lol. Krčmář was surprisingly fast on skis today, if only that shooting was better...

·
Registered
72,273 Posts
No, she also started in the sprint and finished 76th, after a terrible prone shooting.
She was a good junior, from what I remember.
yes, she was WJCH a couple years ago, then things didn't really go well. She's always been a better skier than shooter though. It was a very good show in the relay though, so hopefully that gives her confidence and motivation to work harder. Fun enough, she beat Tandrevold in Osrblie that year for the title and look how the two careers diverged.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
76,948 Posts
Lots of criticism towards Oberhof and it's organizers. Mona Brorsson called it the worst world cup event and said it makes her sick and tired to come here each year. Bjørndalen called organizers arrogant and incompetent, also slammed IBU for not doing anything about it. Norwegian wax chief Fenre agreed and claimed that they had sixty pairs of skis ruined thanks to running on that "snow". And while Norwegians can afford it, for some smaller teams it's a serious issue.
IBU predictably replied that while the criticism is somewhat justified, Oberhof will stay safe.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
I do agree that Oberhof is simply a very shitty place to host a WC and is also my least favorite of all the venues. They should probably move it to Arber or some other place with decent facilities.

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
Extra support for Simon Desthieux today. Feels like he's becoming the best biathlete ever without a WC win. The kind of guy that rarely leaves the top 15, even top 10.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
He is a good biathlonist and deserves that win. But Desthieux's problem is that he always unfortunately chokes the last prone shooting when he has a chance to get that medal, i.e. the way he held onto that last shot today is a prime example.

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
He's not Aymonier's BF for nothing though. A choker indeed.

4 Frenchies inside the top 5 for the moment ! 5 in the top 11. Great race.

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
Guigonnat finally showing some sign of life this season. Strongest race overall for the French team this year with all 6 athletes in the top 13.

He was still a bit frustrated during the interview "Yeah, 13th place but once again, last French".

·
Registered
13,008 Posts
Tiril :love: She said it was probably her best ever race. Excellent in every aspect. So great to see she's keeping up the good form even after the break. Now she has an extra miss on everyone in the pursuit. Don't screw it up!

The less said about Oberhof, the better. Although, I do somewhat enjoy the epic foggy mess that tends to happen there. :LOL:

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
Who would have thought that women's biathlon would become so boring so fast.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Yeah, I was just thinking that. Of course all props to Tiril for keeping her shooting in check this year while also being so fast on skis, but I really want some action there. Even that second place "fight" fizzled out quickly today.

·
Registered
28,561 Posts
Ruhpolding races are always quite boring IMO, shooting range is just too easy. But yeah, Tiril's dominance is crazy, I'd like some more action please :D

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
Martin very close to his old level now. His shooting is just amazing, only two misses in January (and that was in the messy weather of Oberhof). That was really lacking at the beginning of the year, he was missing a bit too much.

Can't wait to see JTB back. Will Martin overthink it too much again because Boe is in his head or will JTB have doubts now that Martin doesn't miss anymore.

Something changed with Martin though. His whole attitude is starting to look like his glorious past. You can see that something clicked.

·
30,752 Posts
I'm still not buying Fourcade ressurgence, i think JTB will be back dominate and Fourcade get back to being in the shadow. But i might be wrong, Let's see

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
You can't deny that there's a Martin resurgence though.

It's not like he was always finishing second behind Boe for a year and a half. Nope, he was not even second when Boe was winning. He scored only one podium in December. And he actually only ended second behind JTB once last year. He was clearly missing a lot and being slower on the skiis. He was behind JTB but also behind Tarjei, behind Desthieux and QFM, etc.

But he just crushed it in January. Four consecutive wins. That has nothing to do with JTB not being here.

·
Registered
13,008 Posts
Tiril is in some mood this season, unbelieavable!
I still can't believe it's actually happening! 😅 I've spent YEARS waiting for this. No, not even this, I just wanted her not to suck 80% of the time. And now she's killing it and I'm loving it!
Don't mind the hatorzzz. :p

1741 - 1760 of 1785 Posts