Tennis Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 1785 Posts

·
Registered
13,008 Posts
How was the crowd like in LGB? Big numbers? I am reduced to following biathlob via IBU livescores
The stands were pretty packed, it was good.

Following biathlon on Eurosport is now pretty much a torture for me because since I've "upgraded" my cable package, I actually lost the option to switch to British commentators and now I'm stuck with the idiot Serbian guy (where are you, Ognjen?! :crying: ) who still talks so much nonsense it's hard to grasp. But hey, at least now he actually remembers that Eckhoff is very fast on her skiis. Baby steps, I guess.

·
30,752 Posts
How was the crowd like in LGB? Big numbers? I am reduced to following biathlob via IBU livescores
Yes specially Saturday it was crazy packed, both stadium and around the tracks, amazing turnout. Not as much today because the weather was bad, France definately deserves a WC place 1000%

·
Registered
451 Posts
What is everyone preparing for when the WCHs are every year. It's essentially just a glorified WC fortnight where we get to see all the race formats there are.
Justine Braisaz says that she gives more value to crystal globe than world title.
Winning the 1st one means you are the best of the season, the other you are the best in 1 race.

·
Registered
12,096 Posts
Justine Braisaz says that she gives more value to crystal globe than world title.
Winning the 1st one means you are the best of the season, the other you are the best in 1 race.

It's good someone prioritizes this way.

I remember being annoyed Ole Einar Bjørndalen refused to prioritize the overall. He'd have won it nine times with ease if he's just made it a priority. And that would have been historic. Noone wearing skis have won nine overalls. Record is eight, from alpine skiing.

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
Celia is so random. I'm sure she's shooting clean at training. All in the head for her. Hopefully this kind of standing will give her some confidence.

Too bad she fell in the last lap. Those were precious seconds.

·
30,752 Posts
What about that fail from Tarjei Boe? Forgetting that he had to take a penalty loop after the 2nd shooting in the sprint? Never seen something like that

·
Registered
13,008 Posts
God, Tandrevold is terrible in relays. Although, to be frank, it seems like taking the first spot in the overall wasn't the best for her, she's been rather mediocre since. But Marte and Tiril to save the day! Interesting choice to switch the two and have Tiril as anchor, but it paid off. Third relay win in a row!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Do Italy finally have a potential reliable 4th member of the women's relay who can hit the targets under pressure? She did really really well on her debut and hit the first 9 shots , just struggled with the very last one which was totally understandable! Seems like it was her debut in any world cup race - I think she smashed it!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Do Italy finally have a potential reliable 4th member of the women's relay who can hit the targets under pressure? She did really really well on her debut and hit the first 9 shots , just struggled with the very last one which was totally understandable! Seems like it was her debut in any world cup race - I think she smashed it!
I am surprised they put her on the anchor leg though for her first outing....any thoughts as to why? I think we can say Goodbye Gontier, poor Nicole, LOL

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
Maka winning a crazy windy race :ROFLMAO:

But so happy for her, just a day after her birthday.

·
Registered
13,008 Posts
It's nice to see that Kaisa still has it! Incredible shooting from her in those conditions, who would have thought.
Great fight from Eckhoff, but Wierer just won't go away. :D The fight for the overall should be super dramatic if they keep it up like this.

·
Registered
13,008 Posts
No, she also started in the sprint and finished 76th, after a terrible prone shooting.
She was a good junior, from what I remember.

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
King Fourcade is back. First Mass Start win since the Olympics, first back to back wins since 2018.

His times are better and better and you could see his confidence is coming back with this race, he used all the usual tactics from his peak.

Now I'm curious to see JTB coming back against a Fourcade that seems to be back close to his best.

1721 - 1740 of 1785 Posts