Tennis Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1785 Posts

·
Registered
12,096 Posts
Is this real life? 😰 What's got into her? Three wins in a row!!! 😰
Too bad Olsbu wasn't here, it might have been a Norwegian sweep.

Tandrevold is so young, but she's already starting to resemble Ishmuratova in her pursuit of that elusive win. Hopefully it happens soon so she can get that monkey off her back.
Well, Ichmouratova got her win in the OG...so maybe in 2022 ;)

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
That race was awful. Already didn't feel like a Mass Start before the first shooting.

I'm just glad to see Jacquelin doing so well this year. Such a likeable and humble person. And so talented. He's for sure going to be the leader of French biathlon very soon and probably for a long time.

·
Registered
12,096 Posts
That race was awful. Already didn't feel like a Mass Start before the first shooting.

I'm just glad to see Jacquelin doing so well this year. Such a likeable and humble person. And so talented. He's for sure going to be the leader of French biathlon very soon and probably for a long time.

Not feeling like a mass start is a good thing, the mass start is definitely the least interesting event. It's much better than a cross country mass start but still - I seriously don't know why they have this event. Usually the first three skiing laps are completely uninteresting.

·
La nuit je mens
87,063 Posts
I expect the women's race to be way more dramatic with these conditions.

·
Registered
13,008 Posts
I'm seriously thinking I'm hallucinating all this stuff :D How is this posible? I've spent AGES waiting for her to show the slightest bit of consistency and now she blows the entire field away at will? This can't be real. 😰

Of course, now the stupid Christmas break is coming and after that she'll probably be back to shooting at 60%.

·
30,752 Posts
Finally some good signs from Kaisa this year, eventhough you could expect a bit more considering her intermediate placing, but 4 is too much, 3 would give her a podium. Also good to see the ski times are up there, only like 3 secs slower than Tiril, and 30 secs faster than everyone else.

Herrmann surely must be trying to peak her ski form for the WCH, she hasn't been at all fast.

Vittozzi sadly can't do anything, already some 160 points away from Wierer, I hope she will be in form for the WCH.

Eckhoff amazing stuff, really impressive! But I can't see the break being at all positive, pressure certainly will rise

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
Norwegian dominance is the last thing we need in biathlon. I also hate how equipment improvements favor the big teams of Norway, France and Germany. The lesser nations, even with great athletes are now mere spectators in comparison.

·
Registered
28,561 Posts
Herrmann surely must be trying to peak her ski form for the WCH, she hasn't been at all fast.
She's not the best/at her best but I still think her running times are fast. Usually among the top skiers but Eckhoff is currently dominating the field in that regard. Conditions must have really suited her this week.

But then again, Germans always talking about being at their best for WCH (I have no idea why, they aren't that special in biathlon) so maybe she tries that indeed.

·
Registered
13,008 Posts
Olsbu has also said that this season is all about the WCh and that WC races are just a preparation for that. She skipped this weekend to conserve some energy, although it's also related to the injury she had in the off-season.
Personally, I wouldn't mind it if WCh was held every other year like in alpine skiing.

Norwegian dominance is the last thing we need in biathlon.
No, that's exactly what we need! It's been almost 7 years since Tora Berger's magical season. It needs to happen again!
OK, JTB can go away for a while, I wouldn't mind it, if Tarjei ♥ can take it over again.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
What is everyone preparing for when the WCHs are every year. It's essentially just a glorified WC fortnight where we get to see all the race formats there are.

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,430 Posts
Waxing must have played a big part. Obviously Norway has the most resources but the conditions in LGB were awful enough for this to be a complete outlier. And Germany is having their worst season in ages esp. on the women's side so money doesn't win you everything.

Vittozzi must be crumbling under expectations, she did so in the season finale last year already.

1701 - 1720 of 1785 Posts