Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let´s try to find which one is the best (after Grand Slams, of course)
Because some of them are really pretty and usefull, with live scores, pictures, updated news...
But others are so pathetic... They only show you the date when it starts and the links to the sponsors.
Others are cool but they are not in english. (*)

Let`s put the good and bad things of each site in this thread.

(*)It`supposed that if it´s an international tournament it will have visitors from all over the world.

6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For example, I think one of the worst is Adidas (Sydney) You can get nothing from it`s site, perhaps the name of the players and the date of start.

Next week is Prokom, last time I saw it`s site it was only in polish >(

· Registered
20,830 Posts
heineken trophy was good but sadly the server was not so big so it didn't always work well but when it did. the broadcasting was very clear and it was very easy to follow a match

· Serena's #1 Hater
20,615 Posts
I think the worst tourney website so far this year, ironically enough, is the Bank of the West Classic. You're right smack in the middle of Silicon Valley, and you don't have the resources to post live scores? That is Inexcusible with a capital I. :(

· Registered
10,954 Posts
best: Bogota website. It was GREAT. photos and live video everyday.

worst: PALERMO lollll it was a joke :retard:

· Registered
2,065 Posts
Australian tournaments usually have very poor websites.

But Rome and Bank of the West Classic aren't far behind.

· Registered
2,839 Posts
I think the worst tourney website so far this year, ironically enough, is the Bank of the West Classic

Oh, so true!! and to think a few years back they used to have two live cams that would refresh every 15 seconds, plenty of updated fotos, a messageboard and lots of other interactive stuff.. pretty impressive site!!!

But then again, what can you expect, this is StanFuRD.

· Registered
2,406 Posts
The Miami website certainly takes the cake as far as I'm concerned. On the men's side, it's easily the worst of the Masters Series sites (or at least I thought so, until I realised that Rome and Hamburg were just as bad in their own way): the design is horrible, they hardly post any interviews, and the articles and match reports are absolutely laughable, they consist of a couple of hastily dashed off paragraphs. And no player photos either, from the women's or men's events.

· Registered
155 Posts
Toray PPO's website is so pore for the Tier I event...

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,026 Posts
Scottsdale is a hella poor website for a Tier II(or any tourny for that matter)

FO and Wimby have the best IMHO

6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, but what does a website need to be fine?

1- Updated results
2- Updated draws
(that is basic)

3- Info about players
4- Info about weather, etc
5- Any interview
6- Pictures
(that is what we expect)

7- Live scores
8- A real lot of pictures
9- Match statistics
(that is a real good site)

10- Live cam

Well, that are 10 points (casuality) that can make us rate the sites from 0 to 10.
But also they need a fast server, and a smart webmaster who uploads info quick.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.