Tennis Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:
Venus Versus Martina

Undeniably the Best Match up of strong players and contrasting styles. It was always high drama. I am watching the 2000 us open semi and it was a fun filled battle! Anyone who says venus williams doesn't volley is just a liar. Martina was firing passing shots at venus and she was getting most of them.

I am so happy to have this match on tape!!! :bounce: :bounce: Classic...when Johnny Mac is gasping and groaning, "Great Point" YOu know its good...almost broke the tape rewinding the breathtaking bits of which there are many! :worship:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Capriati VS Seles
Capriati VS Davenport
Williams VS Clijsters

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Mrs. Peel said:
I am so happy to have this match on tape!!! :bounce: :bounce: Classic...when Johnny Mac is gasping and groaning, "Great Point" YOu know its good...almost broke the tape rewinding the breathtaking bits of which there are many! :worship:
Or how about the point Venus falls down, gets up and wins the point at the net :worship: :worship: :worship:

Amazing.

And whoever said Capriati/Seles is correct. Almost always have great matches.

·
Keeper of Secrets
9,369 Posts
Though both matches were great,I still say overall the WImbly quarterfinal was better than the USOpen Semi .

I miss their matches too.... they hated to lose to each other which added to the tension.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.