Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Martina Hingis and Venus Williams were the best rivals in tennis. The matches in 1999-2000 were some of the best tennis EVER, especially the 99 and 00 US Open semi finals. Incredible tennis.

Right now there seems to be missing a big rivalry. The best two players in the world are sisters, and aren't true rivals.

Henin/Serena is alright...but you think that Serena will dominate her again now that Clay's over for a year.

Jennifer/Serena, IMO, is getting boring. How many times can we see Jen start strong, but unable to maintain it?

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Ryan16 said:
Hamburg 02 was straight sets, what other ones recently were there?

I'm deprived. I've never even seen those two play each other. I'm going to buy some of their matches on tape though.

Another greta post Cybelle, positive rep for you. :D
The last 3 were straight sets

02 Hamburg Venus 7-5 6-3
01 Miami Venus 6-3 7-6
01 Aussie Martina 6-1 6-1

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Mrs. Peel said:
I am so happy to have this match on tape!!! :bounce: :bounce: Classic...when Johnny Mac is gasping and groaning, "Great Point" YOu know its good...almost broke the tape rewinding the breathtaking bits of which there are many! :worship:
Or how about the point Venus falls down, gets up and wins the point at the net :worship: :worship: :worship:

Amazing.

And whoever said Capriati/Seles is correct. Almost always have great matches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.