Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Bengals are taking Carson Palmer... it's pretty much official.

It's bullshit that Leftwich isn't the first pick... I've seen him live, and that kid is special. Incredible arm, all the QB skills, plus he's a great leader.

Palmer had 1 good year...

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Leena you are soooooooo right!!!

Leena said:
Bengals are taking Carson Palmer... it's pretty much official.

It's bullshit that Leftwich isn't the first pick... I've seen him live, and that kid is special. Incredible arm, all the QB skills, plus he's a great leader.

Palmer had 1 good year...
:worship: :worship: :worship:

I still can't believe how Leftwich had to be carried to the line of scrimmage between plays in one game. If you want to talk about charisma, leadership and someone that a team is going to go that extra mile for...

...the Marshall kid has it big time.

The Bengals (who I don't like since the Boomer days when they were competent) are screwed.

The best player in the draft is a cornerback who is going to need surgery eventually on his shoulder (he will hurt it returning kicks next season, especially if he turns out to be as good as advertised). The next best player is a running back who probably can't play next year. The next best players are a couple of wideouts (in my opinion no wideout is worthy of a Top 10 pick) and finally a defensive end who seems to be getting smaller and slower with every workout. The Bengals won't draft any of these players and won't even pick the best quarterback available. :rolleyes:

Hopefully my team will take the cornerback (at #5 hint hint). If not, then trade down and save some $$$ take the best player available in the first round and add a couple of extra high second/third round picks.

Worst case scenario, take the slow defensive end at #5.:p

They won't take leftwich unfortunately, they will take that punk Chris Simms (if he falls into the 3rd round) :mad: :fiery: :mad:

Love talking football!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Well damn Leena... your post is right on point.

I don't really care; the falcons don't get a first round pick. :sad: well we got Peerless Price and Mike Vick... we really don't need one I suppose. :p

As far as the #1 pick, Palmer's got that sewn up and I think he sucks. I think it was ESPN who said that isn't it weird that no one is trading up with the Bengals to get the first round pick like Atlanta did in '01 to get Vick? Everybody knows Palmer's skills will evaporate in the NFL but the Bengals can't do any worse than the past two years so they'll take the bait, who isn't worth shit.

I wonder where Byron will end up... hopefully a first rounder.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
As people who know me are aware, I have many sources out in Las Vegas who give me numerous gambling lines. Here are some that interest me:

Odds that the Bengals are going to draft Carson Palmer - NO LINE SINCE IT IS A LEAD PIPE CINCH

Odds that the Bengals make the playoffs next year - 40 to 1

Odds that in five years Carson Palmer is hanging out in the Carribean with Akili Smith laughing at the Bengals misfortune - EVEN MONEY

1 - 7 of 7 Posts