Tennis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Singles Final
Chanda Rubin vs Elena Dementieva

Well this should be a very interesting final. The two doubles partners are meeting up for the first time this year. When asked the two said that it is going to be hard to play against my good friend but that’s how the game works. Elena has had a stellar week here, defeating top players such as Justine Henin-Hardenne and Maggie Maleeva. Chanda, already known as a top player, had a very easy road to the final. She was the only seeded player left after the quarterfinals where she beat newcomer Clarissa Fernandez. Chanda then took out another great player, Paola Suarez in the semis and here they meet. Both players are ready and willing to take the title and it will all be about who wants it more.​

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Doubles Final
vs

This is such an interesting final because it’s all fresh faces. I never would have expected how this week has turned out but I like it. No Sharapova's or Williams will be playing tomorrow and I think it’s good for the game. I know that those players will be back and ready next week but this is just nice to have for this week. Now about this final, the newcomers, Mauresmo and Fernandez have impressed me so much this week. This is their first tournament together and her they find themselves in the final of the first Grand slam of the year, the Australian open. They are such strong doubles player and it showed this week when they took out The Williams sisters and the top doubles team in the world of Henin-Hardenne and Sharapova. Watch out for them tomorrow because they have a great chance of winning. Now, don’t count out Dementieva and Rubin because they have been a top team all season long. They had a bye first round and then took out the newly formed team of Maggie Maleeva and Paola Suarez who happened to be the 2 seeds. They are both in the singles final and have played amazing tennis this week. I really don't know who will win this one but I never really have a clue. So watch tomorrow and see this great match.​

·
Banned
4,117 Posts
YAY! Chanda in the finals! :woohoo:

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Yea Elena in the finals! This week is so amazing. Good luck Chanda/Elena in doubles final.

·
Registered
39,537 Posts
Maggie dismal perofrmances! :mad: :fiery:

Cgs. to the winners! :wavey:

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
[size=+1]

Serena loses to Malvea 6-4 6-2

Serena: I knew it was comming I was just tired from the last tournament

Williams is now 5-2 this season