Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will win the 2002 Australian Open women’s singles championship?

Jennifer Capriati
21%

Venus Williams
7%

Martina Hingis
35%

Serena Williams
16%

Anna Kournikova
4%

Justine Henin
17%

6814 votes have been submitted

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Wow, are there only 6 girls entered this year? They should have let Monica and Kim play instead of Anna and Justine. I think they would have a better chance.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
even more wacked that only 7% voted for Venus, lol.
and Capriati gets 3 times as many votes??:rolleyes:

Not to mention who's in the lead.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Come on, guys. At least, if reality is so harsh, lets dream. Just allow me that luxury, okay? Thanx!

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah well, if this poll is whacked, so is every other poll posted on this board from "serious sources" (when the result suits the poster that is) ;) :p

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
By Golly Gosh!That poll is correct!;)

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Becca -
1. I did not produce that web page.
2. Deitsch has covered tennis for some time.
3. The other two have produced tennis broadcast
and the consistancy of the players they picked has to say something of their expertise.

TR :cool:

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Becca, what do you mean "With the exception of Wertheim"? I could post about 100 artivles he authored about BASKETBALL.

BTW, his 3 "dangerous floaters" are the 2 players who have been in a Slam Final in the past 2 years that are unseeded, and Monica's 1st round opponent. Big shock. Once again, Jon takes a swipe and ends up looking like an ass.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
That guy who picked Tommy Haas to make the semis was not watching much tennis last week, that's for sure !
I wonder who they would all predict in Agassi's absence?

With the women though, I can't blame anyone for predicting Venus (though I am not sure she is quite such a certainty as some think) and I am gratified to see all of them having Kim in the top 4
:)

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Wasn't there a similar poll somewhere that gave Kournikova more chances than Venus Williams? LMAO

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
Wow, as i look into the crystal ball, i can see that this poll speaks the truth!

lol, not really, but go Martina anywayz, we know u can do it, u just have to prove it!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I know people are beting on Venus as the winner.Pam & her parnter last night said Venus is the biggest bet.It legal there to bet on tennis sport.Here to,but we don't speak of it on t.v.?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
Of course Pam is going to pick Venus! She is her mentor, and one of her biggest fans!

Hey, there is nothing wrong with that poll!! It speaks the truth after all!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts