Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2253 Posts

· Registered
8,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purple Rectangle Violet Font Magenta

Font Art Darkness Brand Graphics

With Emma having retired from the Auckland, New Zealand event earlier this week, it's still touch and go as to whether she'll be competing in Melbourne in just 9 days time. As of the latest news, she has travelled to Melbourne with the aim of taking part. Should there be any change to her participation status, I'll update it here and let everyone who doesn't already know, know.

As this is the first grand slam of the new year, it will be a 128-Player Draw. There'll be NO BYES for the 32 seeds and the tournament in Melbourne will run from Monday 16th January through to 29th January 2023.

Emma is currently live ranked 75, so won't be seeded for this event and could potentially face any one of the other 127 participants. Here is the entry list below :

The main draw is likely to be take place later next week. It's been kindly confirmed by @Overserved that this will take place on Thursday 12th January 2023. It'll be updated below as and when it takes place.

Sleeve Font Magenta Logo Brand

I. Swiatek (1) vs J. Niemeier
P. Udvardy vs C. Osorio
C. Buosa vs E. Lys
B. Andreescu vs M. Bouzkova (25)
E. Rybakina (22)
vs E. Cocciaretto
K. Juvan vs S. Janicijevic
L. Tsurenko vs K. Muchova
A. Kalinskaya vs D. Collins (11)

P. Badosa (11)
vs C. McNally
K. Rahkimova vs K. Baindl
A. Bondar vs A. Bogdan
D. Yastremska vs J. Ostapenko (17)
Q. Zheng (29)
vs D. Galfi
B. Pera vs M. Uchijima
E. Raducanu vs T. Korpatsch
K. Siniakova vs C. Gauff (7)

J. Pegula (3)
vs J. Cristian
B. Fruhvirtova vs A. Sasnovich
P. Kudermetova vs Olivia Gadecki
M. Kostyuk vs A. Anisimova (28)
B. Krejcikoiva (20)
vs S. Bejlek
T. Gibson vs C. Burel
C. Vandeweghe vs A. Kalinina
A. Van Uytvanck vs P. Kvitova (15)

M. Keys (10)
vs A. Blinkova
X. Wang vs S. Sanders
A. Tomljanovic vs N. Podoroska
S. Kenin vs V. Azarenka (24)
J. Teichmann (32)
vs H. Dart
L. Zhu vs R. Marino
K. Kucova vs D. Snalder
Y. Yuan vs M. Sakkari (5)

D. Kasatkina (8)
vs V. Gracheva
L. Stefanini vs T. Maria
S. Cirstea vs Y. Putintseva
X. Wang vs K. Pliskova (30)
S. Zhang (23)
vs P. Maria Tig
P. Martic vs V. Golubic
K. Volynets vs E. Rodina
M. Zanevska vs V. Kudermetova (9)

A. Kontaveit (16)
vs J. Grabher
M. Sherif vs M. Linette
D. Parry vs T. Townsend
Y. Bonaventure vs E. Alexandrova (19)
I. Begu (27)
vs Saisai Zheng
L. Bronzetti vs L. Siegemund
L. Fernandez vs A. Cornet
K. Sebov vs C. Garcia (4)

A. Sabalenka (5)
vs T. Martincova
A. Hartono vs S. Rogers
L. Davis vs D. Kovinic
G. Muguruza vs E. Mertens (26)
M. Trevisan (21)
vs A. Schmedlova
A. Pavylyuchenkova vs C. Giorgi
C. Liu vs M. Brengle
V. Tomova vs B. Bencic (12)

B. Haddad-Maia (14)
vs N. Parrizas-Diaz
S. Stephens vs A. Potapova
D. Vekic vs O. Selekhmeteva
J. Paolini vs L. Samsonova (18)
K. Kanepi (31)
vs K. Birrell
L. Fruhvirtova vs J. Fourlis
A. Riske-Arritraj vs M. Vondrousova
T. Zidansek vs O. Jabeur (2)

Emma will play her 1st Round match against Tamara Korpatsch on either Monday 16th or Tuesday 17th January 2023. No time or court has been scheduled as of yet. This will be updated closer to the date.

As always, the matches will be available to download in the relevant thread at the top of Emma's Empire as and when they happen.

I'll keep this thread updated with more information as and when it's received over the next 10 days in the run-up to the main event. As of now, any discussion pertaining to the tournament itself, and Emma's involvement in it can go in here.

Let's goooooooooo!

Attachments

· Registered
5,227 Posts
View attachment 244364
View attachment 244362

With Emma having retired from the Auckland, New Zealand event earlier this week, it's still touch and go as to whether she'll be competing in Melbourne in just 9 days time. As of the latest news, she has travelled to Melbourne with the aim of taking part. Should there be any change to her participation status, I'll update it here and let everyone who doesn't already know, know.

As this is the first grand slam of the new year, it will be a 128-Player Draw. There'll be NO BYES for the 32 seeds and the tournament in Melbourne will run from Monday 16th January through to 29th January 2023.

Emma is currently live ranked 75, so won't be seeded for this event and could potentially face any one of the other 127 participants. Here is the entry list below :

The qualifying draw is likely to be take place later next week. As soon as this has been completed, it'll be available below.

View attachment 244363

-= TBC =-

Emma will play her 1st Round match against her opponent on either Monday 26th or Tuesday 27th January. No time or court has been scheduled as of yet. This will be updated closer to the date.

As always, the matches will be available to download in the relevant thread at the top of Emma's Empire as and when they happen.

I'll keep this thread updated with more information as and when it's received over the next 10 days in the run-up to the main event. As of now, any discussion pertaining to the tournament itself, and Emma's involvement in it can go in here.

Let's goooooooooo!
The 26th and 27th January are a Thursday and a Friday, not a Monday and a Tuesday. Do you mean the 16th and 17th?

Reactions: zenga10

· Registered
3,016 Posts
View attachment 244364
View attachment 244362

The qualifying draw is likely to be take place later next week. As soon as this has been completed, it'll be available below.

View attachment 244363

-= TBC =-

Emma will play her 1st Round match against her opponent on either Monday 16th or Tuesday 17th January. No time or court has been scheduled as of yet. This will be updated closer to the date.

Let's goooooooooo!
Thank you so much for doing this, @xenosys: you know we rely on you for these tournament threads!

· Registered
8,188 Posts
Am I really a boomer..

.. if I can find it for free (spoiler alert - I can)
discuss ...
Oh I can get it for free but free usually = ads, buffering, no ability to replay.

Tennis is something I will pay for, if I have to, because I value the quality a subscription brings. I can't see how cute Emma looks either in 720p :p

· Registered
2,966 Posts
I might buy a month of TC and use a vpn to watch AO this year (if Emma is playing). Their behind the scenes stuff and coverage is good.
Not sure if this is relevant to UK, but TC in the US is not carrying AO matches, they are on ESPN/ESPN 2/ESPN+. TC is having a daily preview show, but I don't think they have any right to broadcast matches in the US. Maybe TC is broadcasting matches outside the US?

That's the worst thing about some Grand Slams in the US, the TV tennis coverage is ironically worse than it is for the non-Grand Slam events. We'll see how it goes this year, but there have been times last year when I couldn't find a match after the fact, unlike TC which keeps matches for at least a year.

1 - 20 of 2253 Posts