Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
26,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Anca Barna "Well done, and now win your first tourney !!!" cheering thread

Come on Anca, last chance. That was her aim for this season but she hasn't done it yet. She has just missed out a few times already. After Shanghai and Tokyo she reached 51 and maybe would have made it if she had gotten a WC for Leipzig. :mad:
Last week she had another chance, by beating Sharapova she would have made it. :(
Overall she has had too many bad/silly losses this year. She would be in easily if she had beaten Justine or Monica earlier this year. Not to mention her terrible GS losses against Matevzic and Kirilenko. :sad: Or last week against Jidkova. :rolleyes:

OK, no more whining. ;)
She can still do it. :D I have calculated the relevant rankings of tomorrow, I hope it's correct:

46 Seles 755
47 Granville 727,5
48 Weingärtner 722,5
49 Harkleroad 721,75
50 Tulyaganova 711
51 Black 690,5
52 Obata 688
53 Pratt 682,25
54 Barna 681,75
55 Safina 657,75

We can leave out Monica, as she will lose big points from LA. So Anca has to get past Black to make it.
Weingärtner will play here, Harkleroad will play in Pittsburgh ($50K). But they are ahead of her, so it doesn't matter.
Assuming that no one else will gain points next week, Anca needs to make the QF which would give her at least 20 points. She would lose 8 points from her current 17th tournament, but 12 points would still be enough to pass Black.
And considering her draw (Q/LL, then Beltrame/Tamaela), this is a must. :fiery:

Of the other relevant players only Obata will be playing next week. She has a tougher draw, with Vakulenko in the first round.
If Obata loses, Anca reaching QF would be enough.
If Obata wins, then Anca reaching QF wouldn't be enough I think. It might depend on 1/4 point. :rolleyes:
So then it would have to be the SF for her. That would get her in any case, because she would (most likely) get past Tulyaganova. It won't be easy though, with Kostanic, Douchevina and Zheng in her quarter.

Anca, I know you are tired, but PLEASE do it !!!

Go Anca !!!!! :bounce: :D and go Julia Vakulenko

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,175 Posts
Go Anca, Elise isn't invincible, and Jelena just a psycho-obstacle !!! Take these pts, hold on to your season's goal !!! :bounce:

·
26,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's like this (if I calculated correctly):

Anca loses in the semis = no. 48.
Anca loses in the final = no. 46. :)
Anca wins the final against Nagyova = no. 42. :D
Anca wins the final against Tanasugarn = no. 41. :D :D

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,175 Posts
41 would be nice ;)