Tennis Forum banner

A 9th player for the Championships?

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all TTT players. I have had an idea for the game. It's not a WTA idea, so it's not real, but i think it's something interesting for the game.

As all you know there is an ITF tour which it's own ranking etc... I though that the ranks for that tour were useless, and there were not emotion at all on it. But since Mikey works hard on them, i decided that it would be a good idea to give it a use.

My idea is to make a 9 players draw in the End-Season Championships. 8 of them will be as always, the 8 best players in the season. And the 9 would be the #1 in the ITF ranks at the end of the season. This would be a reward for those players who fight in the ITF, and it would increase the popularity of the ITFs and the interest of the people on them.

The ITF #1 and the 8th best player of the season would play a qualifying match for the Championships. The winners would make into the Robin Rounds of the Championships, joining the other 7 players.

If the #1 ITF player is already qualified for the Championship ( being one of the top 8) then the #2 in the ITF ranks would get the spot, then the #3 etc...

What do you think?

VOTE!! :)

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,776 Posts
I don't like a lot the idea, because the person who loses the qualifying match would play only a match. I would suggest an ITF Masters.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
I like Sonfo´s idea. But could be the remaining 8 players of the years end top 16. BEcause it does not makes sense a player makes the cut for the ITF masters and is ranked below a player just missed the TOP 8 master.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
There is already an ITF masters.... *sigh* people just dont read those itf threads.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I voted yes

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
LOL US :p

·
17,776 Posts
Then if there's a ITF Masters I don't like the idea, because it would be unfair for the player that loses the qualy match, because all the other eight players would play three matches for sure but him.

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The idea is to increase the interest on the ITF, and give the ITF players an extra motivation...

btw... where are all those who wanted polls etc... There are just 9 votes and 1 is mine... Oh, well, it'd not be the first time :rolleyes:

·
17,776 Posts
Then I would suggest to have the first seven players of the rankings playing the masters and the first of the itf's as a wild card, so everyone would have the same chances.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,438 Posts
i voted yes :)

i can understand both views, but i think that there needs to be some incentive for people to play the ITF events, so i don't see any harm :)

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
sonfo said:
Then I would suggest to have the first seven players of the rankings playing the masters and the first of the itf's as a wild card, so everyone would have the same chances.
So you´ll leave the 8th ranked player out? Why? He has a better rank than the ITF best player, why put it ahead of the 8th?

Remember to be eligible to play an ITF you have to lose in round 1 or your first match. You´ll reward a player that has lost in round one the most?

I think this masters if they in fact take place, should be done by rankings. It´s no sense that the 9th player is just left out ot the top 8 masters, and does not makes the cut for ITF masters, because does not lose in round one that often, so its year ends it there?? Does not have too much sense.

·
17,776 Posts
I was only making a proposition, because I don't see any reason that a player should be excluded from the masters without playing three matches, like the normal system.

Anyway, I think the ITF Masters is ok because those are other rankings. If the ninth ranked player can't enter either the pro Masters or the ITF Masters then he can play Pattaya.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
sonfo said:
I was only making a proposition, because I don't see any reason that a player should be excluded from the masters without playing three matches, like the normal system.

Anyway, I think the ITF Masters is ok because those are other rankings. If the ninth ranked player can't enter either the pro Masters or the ITF Masters then he can play Pattaya.
A deserted Pataya? :p

But you are right i completly forgot Pataya :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts