Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mind pop up ads, but that damned red blinking banner is more of a turn off than it does to create the impulse for me to enter the advertiser's site. :mad:

Oh well, maybe it just bothers me. :angel:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
You mean it's blinking for you too? Gee I thought I was the only one who'd won something. As if.

Those silly ads are just a waste of money.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
The banner itself doesn't bother me, as I do my best to ignore the garbage.

Its the fact that it now takes me literall 10 times as long to load a page, thanks for the bloody banner, that annoys me.

Though I appreciate it is necessary to have the advertising or it wouldn't be there - it still takes so long I'm likely to just post less and less - which indeed, might not be such a bad thing anyways.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,566 Posts
You mean there is a red blinking banner on the WTAworld.com site :confused: ? I don't have it (and won't complain about it ;) ).

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
well i noticed it too, but if u just go into your CP and change the browser to 'Dark' all adds go away :) :p ;)

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
Bright Red, who is that pretty boy in your avatar? :drool:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Canigetawhat-

I'm not famous yet, but I soon will be.

·
Registered
931 Posts
You can turn it off in Internet Explorer by going to Preferences>Web Content and then deselecting Animate GIFs. No more flashing banner. It just sits there and you know you haven't won. I guess you also won't see Turt's funny mouse on speed, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

·
Banned
692 Posts
Yes they are annoying arent they. I did what bella said and now it doesnt show the smiley faces or some oving avatars. Oh well As u said there are some sacrafices,

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, but putting up with CHEATERS is a big price to pay for wtaworld.com :p :p

·
Registered
15,287 Posts
yeah i agree its pretty annoying

is there anyway we could put it at the bottom instead?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
:rolleyes:

wow, that is bad. That banner must be rolling out in stages, because when I first saw Tee Rex's post it was not appearing on the site for me. Today for the first time it's there.. ick. Poe is right, it's a small price to pay for this board, but it makes my eyes hurt!

·
10,772 Posts
Where is this?? I only have a 'connections' banner ....

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It's at the top of the board, where the main banners have been animating. There seem to be about three in rotation, and the red flashing one is one of them. As I type this mine is now saying, "Verified by Visa".

·
10,772 Posts
oh right - yeah I've found it. Not quite sure that I wanted to but oh well :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts