Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you believe that 3 years have past since that famous match between Patty and Conchi. :sad:

It was such a fantastic match, not for the quality, but for the drama - Patty refusing to shake hands with Conchi, and Patty getting booed to the high heavens by the very knowledgeable Charleston crowd. :)

Absolutely loved that match - can anyone else remember the drama - it was like a Mariah vs Whitney diva-fest of massive proportions - and Conchi (of course) came out on top! :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
:spit: at the Mariah-Whitney comparison :rolls:

·
Registered
15,213 Posts
I want to see this! LOL! And Patty called her a "disgusting bitch" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its nowhere to be seen! :mad:

Basically the story goes like this, Conchita has always stood still in between first and second serves so her rythmn is not distubed, no one has had a problem with this, also Conchi likes to take the full allotted time in between points (like Maria Sharapova) - this upset Patty big time, and she kept complaining to the umpire, but the umpire didnt do anything because Conchi wasnt breaking any rules. Patty then hit a smash straight at Conchi (Conchi moved out of the way and wasn't hurt), by then the crowd were going ape at Patty, and Conchi started taking even longer and longer in between points, evem so much as walking up to the net, getting a ball and walking back to serve, if i was being unbiased, i would say the umpire should have said something to Conchi then, but the crowd were absolutely loving it! Anyhoo, Conchi won the match, much screaming and cheering from the crowd, Patty looks like she is going to shake Conchi's hand, then she pulls away and calls her a disgusting bitch! Crowd goes even more crazy - Conchi stayed calm, told the umpire and said in a post match interview that she would be happy to speak to Patty face to face about the incident. :kiss:

Pattys version of events - http://www.patty-schnyder.com/int17404.html

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also i remember that when Conchi wanted the same ball again, Patty would hide it up her skirt and refused to give it back to her. :lol:

Such drama....:kiss:

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
I didn't boo Patty when she walked off the court. Also, Patty wasn't just made about the time Conchi took between serves on Conchi's serve but Conchita was doing deliberate things on Patty's serve as well.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
also i remember that when Conchi wanted the same ball again, Patty would hide it up her skirt and refused to give it back to her. :lol:

Such drama....:kiss:
seriously?! :lol:

go patty :rocker2:

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
they were both as bad as each other that day, although Im betting the drama was really good for the crowd.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
Can you believe that 3 years have past since that famous match between Patty and Conchi. :sad:

It was such a fantastic match, not for the quality, but for the drama - Patty refusing to shake hands with Conchi, and Patty getting booed to the high heavens by the very knowledgeable Charleston crowd. :)

Absolutely loved that match - can anyone else remember the drama - it was like a Mariah vs Whitney diva-fest of massive proportions - and Conchi (of course) came out on top! :hearts: :hearts:
I saw it on Eurosport. One of the funniest things I've ever seen on a Tennis court. Especially Patty's "Swiss Diss" at the end - real schoolgirl stuff. I wish I recorded it at the time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts