Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say thanks to all of those (whom we are usually at odds with) for being good about marti's loss and being supportive as well :) especially a certian few williams fans (you know who you are:) )

.. i must say i am somewhat suprised at all the support they are giving because i remember more than a few instances when (a certian few) williams or cap fans rub it in..

.. thanks for showing us all ur class :)

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
It seems that as far back as when Seles d. Venus - everyone was getting along.... I LIKE THIS TREND!

·
20,610 Posts
lol... :)

·
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah everyone has been getting along pretty much lately but i remember the ol days back at the sanex and it got a bit nasty at times :(

.. so thanks for everyone's support :)

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
LOL
That times in Sanex hehehehe

This Board is soo much friendly and calm then that 'Battle Arena' :)

:wavey: Hi Tammy :kiss:

·
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah adrian i read that hence i pointed out in my thread "for those supporting us" i know there are still those who will "hate" will continue to rub it in as much as they can.. but most of the williams and cap fans are being great and classy about it...

btw hey bernardo :wavey: :kiss:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I feel yah Adrian I mean if you go back into the the Williams cheering thread that you were in earlier you will see that nothing has changed at all.

On second thought I must be honest and say that this board is controlled alot better ,ALOT better. Which is really the key... to all of the bashing. It hurts when your in this sensitive frame of mind.. especially after your favorite loses and you see these threads. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

By the way I blamed you Hingis fans today about the above mentioned thread..SAWY.

·
20,610 Posts
Things have changed. At least there are fans of many players around willing to be nice and classy :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
......Marti_Fan, I think you need to look closer to home....... or at least in your own cheering threads if your'e looking for crass posters...... even though I'm no fan of Jens congrats to her and kudo's to Capriati fans, at least than don't feel the need to author "Capriati Wallops Hingis" threads just cos there fav won 6-2 in the third set .

·
10,772 Posts
Pleasure - martina's a great competitor and I think that she has gone up in everybodys expectations after today, her speech was so emotional - I'm impressed she managed to be so classy at a time of high emotion

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I agree, that there have been a couple of gracious fans, who have said some nice words about Martina.

So thankyou to them.

That being said, there are also a couple of posters, who are kicking fans while they're down, dissing the players for winning or losing, trying to make excuses for Martina's loss.

The players are classy after a win or defeat, so the least we can do as fans are be just as classy, and be gracious.

Of course, I'm being very hypocritical here, because I'm a very poor loser, and all I want to do is cry, instead of saying nice things about Capriati.

But don't pin that on Martina. She can't choose her fans. And btw, there are some very classy Martina fans out there, so don't typecast them, just cos I can't hack it.

·
20,610 Posts
That was very classy of you destructo girl.

Cheer up!! :kiss: :D

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
i know it sounds egoistic praising fellow marti fans but

d_g, you are exuding CLASS!

·
20,610 Posts
easy... you have a lot to learn from her :p

Especially:

trying to make excuses for Martina's loss.
;) :p :D

PS: Don't go hiding under the couch again ;)

*Running as far away from easy as possible* :eek: :angel:

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
*catching WR and kicking him*

Of course I wasnt hiding under the couch.
Like how do you watch a match from that position.

and exactly where have i made excuses for her losses :rolleyes:
which have not been already made all over the board

·
20,610 Posts
We all thought you were hiding under the couch and got stuck there... :p :p

And that's precisely the point, you were to nervous to watch the match :)

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
WR, you've underestimated me. ;)

i've never not watch a match because i didnt dare to

·
20,610 Posts
But you told the *Master* that you didn't watch some match, can't remember which one live cause you were too nervous!! :p

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
Williams_Rulez said:
But you told the *Master* that you didn't watch some match, can't remember which one live cause you were too nervous!! :p

:confused:

who's the master?
i swear i've never not watched a match live because i was too nervous

1 - 20 of 40 Posts