Tennis Forum banner

1201 - 1214 of 1214 Posts

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,203
Yesss, I can start working on my speech. Stay tuned! :)

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,204
Main Draw - Final Countdown - Bronze Medal Match Bo5 sets - Final Score

(1) AdeyC lost to (17) S-T-E-V-E 4-6 7-6 6-3 4-6 3-6

Main Draw - Final Countdown - Gold Medal Match Bo5 sets - Final score

(20) Mauriac lost to (3) SRB Analyst 3-6 1-6 3-6

Gold: SRB Analyst
Silver: Mauriac
Bronze: S-T-E-V-E

@Adam @Leif

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,205
Ok, guys, I am ready. Sorry if it's a long one. I truly believe I had to put every word and express my feelings about this contest and my journey.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,206
Hello, everyone!

First, I want to thank our dear Mods that trusted me throughout these years and gave me the chance to be your beloved PopCon manager since 2016.
Secondly, there are no words that can describe my happiness to run another successful PopCon, fourth in a row under my management. Thanks to all kind souls who helped me in writing the history. I was shocked to see my name on the top. Truly, I have never expected this to happen. Great job to everyone who was involved, helping me with scores, organizing, set-ups, making this event entertaining.

Way back in 2014, I have heard about this event for the very first time and I had no idea what is it about. It way my random search through this forum. The organizers were iWill and Randy. As a newbie of this contest, I had never known a single person that well. I had seen only few familiar TT and survivor names. I had struggled a lot then. I was not able to identify who I am and I had got many insults. After 5 years, few people did not even think to try to communicate with me and I was like: “Ok, that’s only a small group of people, you can find something better where you can feel loved and welcomed.” That year, I started to play BSG. This was my best decision ever. Had not thought in any second that I would’ve met fantastic guys like AdeyC, Silent Bird, Shvedbarilescu and Slazorin. Back then, I felt deprived. My final record sucked hard! One year later, I tried to find my true self and started to show other members who really I am. Some people liked it, some not. It’s a life. As a result, I was a part of new conflicts mainly I had a language barrier. All I wanted is to find a new friend and start having a nice conversation. Suddenly, a few guys mocked me and tried to make a fun of this. I realized their intention was not good. I decided to stop following the toxic environment they created and I started a new chapter. Going back to year 2015, I was so sad not having a PopCon contest. I worked my fingers to the bone to get this funny and entertaining contest back. People needed that joy, drama, competence. That’s why I started to pull my socks up and make a move. In 2016, I had the greatest moment of my TF live: Winning doubles competition of TT at Wimbledon. My partner was RoyalFencer. Back in the semifinal I shat my pants when I saw that he picked Vesnina over Cibulkova. Guess what, Vesnina played the match of her GS life and blew away Cibulkova to move us into the finals. We faced AdeyC/Mauriac. At the first glance, nightmare opponents. They were constantly great in the first half of 2016, so we tried to pick our best. After Day 1, RoyalFencer and I had Set Ratio advantage, because we picked Kerber 2-0. Day 2… Urgh, it was so tense, we communicated a lot before making the final decision and I was thinking: “Is it enough to pick SERENA 7-5 6-3?” I followed my gut and sent it. Viewing and checking the TT thread minutes before seeing the differences, I finally believed myself that I made the best decision... The Russian picked Serena 2-0, 7-5 in the second set. We needed Serena’s win in 2 sets over Kerber. This was the best Wimbledon 2-setter ever. Serena won 7-5 6-3 and I am the first Serb to win Wimbledon in any competition. Mauriac and AdeyC were congratulating us just minutes after the match. We got nice compliments for our perfect score and we could not feel happier.
Not long time after that, I had an issue with one member from aforementioned group, which led to my second ban. People were celebrating all over the place and Mods/Admins took the responsibility in closing that thread. In October, I came back stronger than ever. PopCon was held for the first time under my management. It’s just the beginning of my rise. People finally had their time to meet me better and only three guys were by my side and I cannot even describe with words how much it meant to me (AdeyC, danieln1, RoyalFencer). Quickly after my management, I got recognized in each part of forum and started to get more love and praise. In 2017, I continued to be successful and make more connections. I finally won the first ever BSG edition after 94 tries! Had I not have Matmagix’ and Lazar’s back, I thought that I would not have made it. These two kind souls came in my life at the right moment. Could not have asked for better best e-friends. I swear…
My journey has continued. Finally, this day has come. January 18th, 2020. A day after my birthday. I expected a nail-bitter against familiar face, Mauriac. The guy only deserves only the best words if we are talking about him as a person. After 23 hours, I saw SVK voting for the first time in this competition and my dream came true. I am the PopCon winner. I want to thank all these people who were with me all these years, casting their votes amicably. I hope this journey will truly inspire next successors of mine. The things people will appreciate the most is to be yourself and show some respect.
Finally, I want to cite one famous philosopher: “The voice of the intellect is a soft one, but it does not rest until it has gained a hearing.”
My voice was not heard by ears I wanted…. When I finally reached the audience I wanted and show what I am capable of, then I said I truly belong here, on Tennis Forum.
Also, I want to thank all my haters as well, because I did not let them kill me with their hateful speech. I became stronger and found a nice group of people where I could truly express my feelings and show that I will never backstab them. The path was thorny, but I knew I had to make my own decision (even tho sometimes they looked clueless or stubborn). I followed my gut, trusted the right people and this is what I achieve, being the winner of PopCon. Trust yourself and do something better each day. Improvements are visible and it can only satisfy yourself.

Again, I want to thank all my friends who believed me and I want to thank all Mods and Admins that were a part of this competition. Without you, it would not be the same.

I inspire everyone to follow those steps in becoming the better person. Thank you very much.
Peace, love and blessings to you,
Your PopCon long-term manager and 2019 winner, Cheda :love::cool:

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,207

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,209
Later, I will post some suggestions for PopCon 2020.

·
Registered
12,894 Posts
Congratulations on a well deserved win Ceda and thanks for managing PopCon again. Thanks to your helpers too. Congratulations to S-T-E-V-E on his bronze medal and thanks to everyone who voted for me - I'm totally amazed and honoured to be runner up.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,213
Alright, It's time to post suggestion s for next PopCon.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,214
Hello, Adey!
Before I send you the questions, I have a proposal for 2020 PopCon:

Next year I want to bring back Set Advantage Rule, like it was before...also, I volunteer for making "Power Rankings" - it will contain Seeding and Results rankings in last 5 years of this competition. After counting and doing the sum of all these results, final results will represent the seeds for upcoming PopCon.

Suggestion: What do you think to move the PopCon somewhere in July or August?

My opinion: Change back to Set Advantage rule in the decided.

Move the date of this Contest to August or 3 weeks after TWAT. Power Ranking should be done, but I believe we need to count nominations as well. Sum of those rankings will give us "realistic" results.

Finally: manager should mention people from at least 3 years of they wish to vote, nominated, participate.

1201 - 1214 of 1214 Posts