Tennis Forum banner

821 - 829 of 829 Posts

·
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #821
I just woke up, and I did not see this coming, oh at all. Thank you to the people who voted for me and Sam for tipping the scales. This has been a crazy few days. I graduated college two days ago and now I won Survivor. I don't know which is greater 🙃I am grateful to have had an opportunity to get to know so many cool people. It's been years since I last engaged in anything social on this site, but this has been an awesome experience.

@Adam: You have done a fantastic job hosting. It is evident that you put a lot of effort into the game. I apologize for always taking so much time completing challenges and sending my votes in 😅
If it isn't winning Survivor, your priorities need to be readdressed immediately.

Congrats in the win :) Well deserved!

·
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #822
Here are some of my confusing / more questionable moments of the game:

1. The DuaZeepa vote. This was such a mess that I truly didn't understand what the actual plan was. There was definitely a mixture of confusion, cowardice, ill thought out strategy and deceit that I for one second do not believe the way things unfolded at tribal council was planned at all. I think it's very likely the end result may have been what was wanted but I don't believe that the way the votes went could have been planned especially given how many directions the vote went.

2. That Final 7 vote. Truthfully speaking, everything about this vote was total arrogance from the dominant alliance. A vote split does not make sense in the slightest given the numbers needed to safely split the vote. I don't even know whether the target was danyal or Mustafina, the strategy was that questionable. Every single vote up until this point was decided by one vote so I'm not understanding the logic in trying to split the vote here. I think every player to this point proved they were strategically capable of doing their own thing and not following their direct orders.

3. Sam's legacy advantage - Mate, this needed to be played for someone else at Final 7 or not played at all. Given how chaotic this tribal could have been if Serg/danyal ended up sticking with Mustafina, attempting to flex here on yourself when you knew you weren't a target was not a good look and I believe this was rightfully criticised. This is especially if you were the one behind the split vote to begin with. If you said you wanted to flex, I would have taken a page directly out of Potapovian's book and played it on the player you still wanted in and you knew was getting sure votes. I definitely cannot agree that playing it on yourself is more fun than letting it die. This was not a good look at all.

4. Some of the answers at Final Tribal Council were questionable or even just really badly answered. Some humility wouldn't have been misplaced here because there were quite a few answers that just seemed so incredibly arrogant, I'd even go as far as to say some answers were total bullshit. I would have freely admitted there were things in the game that did not go my way but I countered with this or that etc.

That's also not to say that some answers were outright lies based on the votes I received.

I'll discuss some more later. If anyone else wants to add or explain, go for it.

·
Premium Member
11,442 Posts
What a nail biter!!! Congrats Andreas on an extremely well deserved win, I felt like you massively sold yourself short in the FTC so I think it all worked out the way it should have in the end.

Sam.... in my eyes you were the winner, having such an insight in to your game and seeing it all unfold i'm beyond proud & and I guess the jury couldn't quite see your game the way I was able to being to close to it. I did feel going in that us three making the end was a joint win anyway, i'm pretty proud of us three for orchestrating this thing the way we did and it feels like a very collective win.

I'm very humbled to get so many votes given the low key game I played, I think i've surprised myself with my social game. This is absolutely the toughest cast i've faced in one of these and thanks so much to everyone for making it such a great experience, I purposely didn't get 'too close' to anyone in this edition because of the game I played but it's been really nice to get to know people now the pressure is off.

Adam, you've outdone yourself mate. Thanks for sticking by the game throughout all the craziness and giving us all such a great distraction.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
The final 7 vote as far as I know it.

Sam’s plan as far as I know it was for Danyal to go home and split up Potapovian and Danyal.

Myself, Andreas and Mustafina x 2 to vote for Danyal.

Pete and Sam vote for Mustafina (so they could still pretend they were with Potapovian

And then Danyal and Potapovian were told to vote for me (as Sam and Pete we’re pretending to be with them)

I said that I didn’t trust Mustafina an expressed that he may very well put his two votes on me and then I’d go home. So then to safeguard that, Pete flipped on Danyal, which still wouldn’t helped.

Potapovian and Myself has built some trust already due to the successful idol play and Potapovian didn’t trust Mustafina (as far as I know), So he decided it would be better to vote Mustafina. Potapovian told me to vote Mustafina but I voted Danyal again, to split up that pair.

·
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #825
@Dani12 So I'm assuming Sam wanted to make it seem like he was blindsided by the vote and give the impression he was still with Potapovian/danyal123 even after the blindside? Hence why he didn't play the idol on anyone else because it would then reveal to Potapovian/danyal he was against them.

IMO, I think the jury as well as Potapovian/danyal probably would've respected playing the idol on you or Mustafina more than the way things happened. At some point, it's gonna come out eventually that he wasn't with them so you may as well go for a big move that everyone can see rather than waste an idol for no reason whatsoever.

·
Registered
11,695 Posts
Here are some of my confusing / more questionable moments of the game:

1. The DuaZeepa vote. This was such a mess that I truly didn't understand what the actual plan was. There was definitely a mixture of confusion, cowardice, ill thought out strategy and deceit that I for one second do not believe the way things unfolded at tribal council was planned at all. I think it's very likely the end result may have been what was wanted but I don't believe that the way the votes went could have been planned especially given how many directions the vote went.
From my perspective, it was a split vote on Latvian and Poltergeist. Me, chained and Wozzy vote for Polter, Dani, Sam and Pete vote Latvian. Andreas was supposed to vote with one of the groups, but I never had contact with him. The vote was split because we realised the tribal idol had been found. Me and Pete were working together on that vote.

Someone from the other tribe then messaged Chained or Andreas, and the plan was put in place to get me out because apparently I was a threat and because of the threat of an "Aussie alliance". Andreas told Sam and Pete the plan but they didn't vote against me. Chained and Andreas + Alen and Latvian voted for me.

That's what I think happened, obviously I might be wrong. I was blindsided twice by friends on this vote lol. After the vote when I realised straight away Chained had flipped and then during FTC when I realised Pete knew about the plan.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
@Dani12
@Dani12 So I'm assuming Sam wanted to make it seem like he was blindsided by the vote and give the impression he was still with Potapovian/danyal123 even after the blindside? Hence why he didn't play the idol on anyone else because it would then reveal to Potapovian/danyal he was against them.

IMO, I think the jury as well as Potapovian/danyal probably would've respected playing the idol on you or Mustafina more than the way things happened. At some point, it's gonna come out eventually that he wasn't with them so you may as well go for a big move that everyone can see rather than waste an idol for no reason whatsoever.
Yes, that’s how I understood it.

·
Registered
76,483 Posts
Congrats @Andreas! Great stuff.

Thanks for hosting all of this @Adam, I really appreciate all the work you've given into this. Sorry I couldn't continue to play on, it would have been interesting but I didn't want to be in the competition longer when I wasn't able to give 100% and other people would have enjoyed it more.

821 - 829 of 829 Posts