Tennis Forum banner

1841 - 1858 of 1858 Posts

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,845
Won 6-3 2-1 ret.

:yeah: for Tereza, :sad: for Begu

Perhaps Tereza wasn't GOATing after all--and Begu was sick or injured all along? :confused:

Either way, Tereza up to ~185 in the live rankings :banana:

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,846
Nice that Tereza is finding some form lately--because she's defending a massive number of ranking points next month :scared:

·
Registered
18,444 Posts
A great result for Tereza, really. It's only the 2nd time ever that she made it to a QF at this level, after Bol 2016, where I saw her win against Bonaventure live...

Very happy for her :)

·
Registered
18,444 Posts
US Open qualies, Tereza's section:

[2] G. P. Badosa vs. E. S. Liang
Q. Lemoine vs. T. Mrdeza
M. Frech vs. J. Lu
R. Sramkova vs. C. Paquet [30]

GL :)

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
28 double faults for Tereza and losing 76 to 5 in tie break in 3rd set :sobbing:

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,852
Picked up $11,000 in NYC, probably did a bit of shopping, then flew right back to Europe and this week is the top seed at the Vietnamese--I mean, Viennese--W25. Plays Pribylova (#486) in R1.

Tereza is down 54 spots in the live rankings this week (185 > 239), so she needs a good result this week!

·
Registered
18,444 Posts
Tereza was seeded #8 this week at an Italian 25k and didn't do particularly good (went out in R2, 3 sets to Alves), but in R1 something extraordinary actually happened, as she won a match that is 7th longest in the history of women's tennis. She beat Poznikhirenko in three sets after 4hrs 24mins of play :eek:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Tereza was seeded #8 this week at an Italian 25k and didn't do particularly good (went out in R2, 3 sets to Alves), but in R1 something extraordinary actually happened, as she won a match that is 7th longest in the history of women's tennis. She beat Poznikhirenko in three sets after 4hrs 24mins of play :eek:
I would never count ITF matches in that because girls take much more time between points.
The fact there is no ball kids most of the times means it takes forever to finish games.
And then they can not get warning for taking to much time and it is all abused.

·
Registered
18,444 Posts
I would never count ITF matches in that because girls take much more time between points.
The fact there is no ball kids most of the times means it takes forever to finish games.
And then they can not get warning for taking to much time and it is all abused.
All true, which is why I rarely watch ITF matches (nobody got time for that...), but I'm pretty sure this one was long even by ITF standards :lol:

·
Registered
18,444 Posts
Solarino 25k:

R1: [8] T. Mrdeza def. C. Rosatello (WC) 7:6, 6:2
R2: [8] T. Mrdeza def. L. Bronzetti 0:6, 6:3, 6:3
QF: [8] T. Mrdeza def. A. Carreras 6:2, 6:4

Semis:

[8] T. Mrdeza vs. G. Gatto-Monticone [3]
[4] O. Dodin vs. J. Fett [7]

·
Registered