Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1869 Posts

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
It wasn't even close: Tereza beat Kajtazovic 63 60 (#4 seed; ranked #614). First pro tournament for her. Our girl Tereza is good!

She's definitely ready to move up to the $25K's. But first she's playing next week's $10K in Italy. She got an SE into the MD (of course) and has an excellent draw. In the first round she plays Punzo, an unranked qualifier. If Tereza isn't too tired, she should be able to win that.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
It wasn't even close: Tereza beat Kajtazovic 63 60 (#4 seed; ranked #614). First pro tournament for her. Our girl Tereza is good!

She's definitely ready to move up to the $25K's. But first she's playing next week's $10K in Italy. She got an SE into the MD (of course) and has an excellent draw. In the first round she plays Punzo, an unranked qualifier. If Tereza isn't too tired, she should be able to win that.
:bigclap:

Well done Tereza!

She sure seems too good for 10k's, bageling all those girls. She should move to the next level pretty soon, but sometimes it's best when a player takes it's time to develop properly. So, no hurry, she's only 17.

Best of luck in the following weeks:wavey:

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Who is her trainer now? I know Saša trained her before going back to K-Lina...
Anyway great results..Ajmo Tereza! ;)

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Who is her trainer now? I know Saša trained her before going back to K-Lina...
Anyway great results..Ajmo Tereza! ;)
ITF site says "Juraj Dusparic And Martin Filipovic" so she seems to have 2 coaches.

Having a well organized team from the very beggining is great and looks like she has one. Good thing she can afford it also, which is rarely the case among Croatian kids starting off with tennis.

There's also a nice photo of her on the ITF site, she looks phisically strong but fit (from what you can tell by the photo). She's also quite a nice looking girl - kind of like Sharapova, but prettier:) Favorite surface - clay, current year win/loss record 15:4:eek:

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Bravo Teresa! Great result!
I heard about her first 4 years ago, people were saying that she is very talented!
So nice to see that it was true.
In the reports in newspapers "they" always write "pretty Tereza".
I would definitely like to see her pic! :p
Anyone has it?

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Bravo Teresa! Great result!
I heard about her first 4 years ago, people were saying that she is very talented!
So nice to see that it was true.
In the reports in newspapers "they" always write "pretty Tereza".
I would definitely like to see her pic! :p
Anyone has it?
This is the one I was talking about:
http://www.itftennis.com/womens/players/player.asp?player=100042619

But this one is much better:
http://www.parentium.com/prva.asp?clanak=18616

And here she is with some classmates (on the right):
http://www.manero.hr/P1010254.JPG

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Pulled out of Cremona. Smart move.

She's on the alt list for Zagreb 75k next week, 26th alt at the moment. It would be very wise of the organisers to give her a WC, at least for qualies. She doesen't seem to have 2nd priority for next week, so she's probably counting on playing Zagreb.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
thanks for the pictures :D:D
no wc to zagreb :eek: (and most of the wc choices are really bad)...i wonder if she made the qualie draw
She made it!

Plays Simona Dobra (CZE) in QR1. That girl is 21 y.o., ranked 594, with a career-high ranking of 535.

If Tereza repeats her game from some of the previous matches a bagel or a breadstick in Dobra's scoreboard wouldn't surprise me:)

Plays at 10 AM today on center court.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
She won 6-2 6-4!

Next oponent is top seed Ewijk (NED). Ranked 301, 2 years older than Tereza, with some nice results lately (finals of 25k just 2 weeks ago). But she's been pretty lucky with the draws, beating just 3 top300 players this year, all in Gran Canaria 25k where she won the title. Hope our girl can win this!

Ajmo Tereza, show what you're made of:bounce:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Plays Tadeja Majeric in QR3. That girl's best result this year is SF of a 10k and on challengers she hasn't been past R2. She did beat some good girls (Chan, Sema, Dentoni), but most of it on hardcourts. And the most important stat is that they played twice in juniors, and Tereza won both matches, one of which in straight sets.

Good luck Tereza:bounce:

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
I can't still believe that she's beaten Dutch girl!!! Bravo Tereza!!!

21 - 40 of 1869 Posts