Tennis Forum banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Playing a Supertiebreak with a buddy in Atlanta :)

Playing a long no-serve tiebreak is kinda strange to me. Anyway you have a Venus' trigger backhand and I like your buddy's swearing.:)
Yeah, isn't the person who serves at a disadvantage? The person returning can blast it anywhere they like can't they?

ETA: @Grininel what is a "trigger backhand"?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Playing a long no-serve tiebreak is kinda strange to me. Anyway you have a Venus' trigger backhand and I like your buddy's swearing.:)
My apologies wrong title. We were playing 21. a groundie game

What is "trigger"? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
ETA: @Grininel what is a "trigger backhand"?
That's how I call her compact linear pull-and-release backhand. Simple as pulling the trigger, just my own term actually.:)
The exact opposite action would be Sharapova's baseball backhand (drawing a big circle).

We were playing 21. a groundie game
:
Oh, maybe it's the U.S. thing. I haven't played or seen that kind of groundie game.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #308

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your footwork is good, and I really like the swing of your backhand. I would just say with the forehand there, you could have extended your arm a bit more for the swing, but maybe you don't hit it like that all the time?
Thanks for the nice comment :p you don't have to be so nice, i got lucky there that the footwork was good. And yah i feel you with the forehand comment, i don't always use my whole body to hit the ball on FH sometimes i only use my shoulder and upper body, I'm trying to work on it.

301 - 316 of 316 Posts