Tennis Forum banner

301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
Playing a Supertiebreak with a buddy in Atlanta :)

Playing a long no-serve tiebreak is kinda strange to me. Anyway you have a Venus' trigger backhand and I like your buddy's swearing.:)
Yeah, isn't the person who serves at a disadvantage? The person returning can blast it anywhere they like can't they?

ETA: @Grininel what is a "trigger backhand"?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Playing a long no-serve tiebreak is kinda strange to me. Anyway you have a Venus' trigger backhand and I like your buddy's swearing.:)
My apologies wrong title. We were playing 21. a groundie game

What is "trigger"? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
ETA: @Grininel what is a "trigger backhand"?
That's how I call her compact linear pull-and-release backhand. Simple as pulling the trigger, just my own term actually.:)
The exact opposite action would be Sharapova's baseball backhand (drawing a big circle).

We were playing 21. a groundie game
:
Oh, maybe it's the U.S. thing. I haven't played or seen that kind of groundie game.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #308

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your footwork is good, and I really like the swing of your backhand. I would just say with the forehand there, you could have extended your arm a bit more for the swing, but maybe you don't hit it like that all the time?
Thanks for the nice comment :p you don't have to be so nice, i got lucky there that the footwork was good. And yah i feel you with the forehand comment, i don't always use my whole body to hit the ball on FH sometimes i only use my shoulder and upper body, I'm trying to work on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is 10½-year old Amy from Thailand. There haven't been any remarkable female tennis players from Thailand in recent and not so recent history. Amy wants to change this. Here is her video training channel: Amy's Tennis Training Channel
Amy is just grounded for a foot injury, but on March 21-22 she will be competing at another Thai national junior tournament.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts