Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
17,690 Posts
I'm top 30 in both rankings and it's the 2nd week of a Premier event - not Slam. May I play? Don't think so, still asking.

·
Registered
39,821 Posts
Can anyone answer a question for me??

When sending in picks do u send them in round by round or do u send the whole tournament in if that makes sense.

·
Registered
17,690 Posts
Day by day, following the order of play the manager posts in the thread. Good luck if you're trying to pick every single possible match in a tournament :lol:.
Have a look at the first post of some tournament thread, and the general rules in this thread. You'll know everything you need to play this game ;).

·
Registered
39,821 Posts
Day by day, following the order of play the manager posts in the thread. Good luck if you're trying to pick every single possible match in a tournament :lol:.
Have a look at the first post of some tournament thread, and the general rules in this thread. You'll know everything you need to play this game ;).
Ok thank you :)

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Ok, so changed which should be made in the Standard Front page. Since it is allowed to have different picks for Singles and Doubles, the line
"If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the WTA singles matches, not the doubles!" should be changed

·
Registered
24,972 Posts
although this has been the rule for some time, i don't know if it has ever been written down, so i will write out now the rules for sending picks in tt.

you MUST send picks to the manager in order for them to count. if for some reason you cannot send to the manager, then send to the emergency tt board email address.

if you attempt to send picks to the manager and the pm fails, then your picks will count as long as you can provide evidence that the picks were sent in time. if you cannot, then such picks will not count.

if you send to your doubles partner, but forget to send to the manager, these picks will NOT count.

these are the general rules on the subject and the rules which have generally been adhered to, as far as i am aware, but like i said, im unsure as to whether they have been written down. now they are written, so no excuses :p

·
Registered
13,875 Posts
Hey guys... I want to run a TT event but i have a big question...
Who and how someone choose the TB and SR matches?

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Hey guys... I want to run a TT event but i have a big question...
Who and how someone choose the TB and SR matches?

The manager chooses the match order. Techically speaking TB matches should be the 3 first or last matches on court and SR's would follow. Decision is up to the manager however to change the order in their best interest. TB matches should be the toughest ones on court that day, which (if it should come to that) would resolve the tie. Same goes with the SR matches.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Talking about the TB/SR order, maybe we should have a rule for two day rounds which states whether the Day 1 or Day 2 SR's have the higher priority in the SR shootout. For the US Open, the Day 2 SR's were given a slight priority over the Day 1 SR's, so that you still had a chance to win if your match went down to the SR shootout. Now that we have agreed to move to a 2 day Quarter Final round for R32 WTA events, maybe we should clarify which order the SR's should be placed.

By setting the Day 1 SR's to TB1, TB2, TB3, SR4 etc, it effectively gives a very low chance for anyone to recover the SR situation going into Day 2. For the final round, we always use TB2, TB3 for Day 1 and TB1 for Day 2, so why not the same for an earlier round?

Just my opinion. :p

·
sharp as cheddar
22,262 Posts
Good call, it should definitely be the same throughout.

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Talking about the TB/SR order, maybe we should have a rule for two day rounds which states whether the Day 1 or Day 2 SR's have the higher priority in the SR shootout. For the US Open, the Day 2 SR's were given a slight priority over the Day 1 SR's, so that you still had a chance to win if your match went down to the SR shootout. Now that we have agreed to move to a 2 day Quarter Final round for R32 WTA events, maybe we should clarify which order the SR's should be placed.

By setting the Day 1 SR's to TB1, TB2, TB3, SR4 etc, it effectively gives a very low chance for anyone to recover the SR situation going into Day 2. For the final round, we always use TB2, TB3 for Day 1 and TB1 for Day 2, so why not the same for an earlier round?

Just my opinion. :p
The idea should be solid for everyone to follow, I agree with that.

I actually liked how Rob (FaceyFacem) did it in Quebec, by putting Day matches as TB2, SR4, SR6 and SR8 and Day 2 matches as TB1, TB3, SR5, SR7. That keeps the thrill still there and room to recover. With 2 day QF's on WTA level it's easy to do as well, because you already know what matches are to follow the next day(most of the time) so organizing the OOP shouldn't be too much of an issue either.

this is ofcourse something that should be brainstormed also on to make sure everyone understands it.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Yes we also used TB2, SR4, SR6 etc for Day 1 and TB1, TB3, SR5 etc for Day 2 in the US Open and I don't recall anybody questioning this approach.

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Yes we also used TB2, SR4, SR6 etc for Day 1 and TB1, TB3, SR5 etc for Day 2 in the US Open and I don't recall anybody questioning this approach.
well for 2 day rounds that would be the ideal situation then. Would keep it more interesting and strategical voting, because if you only have to guess SR's on the second day then strategy already comes to play there.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts