Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tennis Tipping | Bogota

Welcome to Bogota! The ninth tournament has arrived in the game Tennis Tipping. Read the rules and sign-up information and then decide to join!

What is Tennis Tipping?

Tennis Tipping is an idea of DeccyB123 on MensTennisForums.com, where it will started for the first time during the Australian Open. In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round.

Code:
The Number Of Participants Per Round: 
Day 1&2 - All committed players
Day 3&4 - Top 8
QF - 4 Players 
SF+F - 2 Players 
For the first round all participants send their picks. Top 16 make it to the next round. As you can see from then on, each round half of the participants are knocked out.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker match for which the score (as opposed to just the winner) is given, will decide who moves on to the next round. For all participants, this tie-breaker match is the same and will be assigned beforehand.
- In case a participant does not send in picks, he or she is forfeited and his or her opponent wins by walkover. If both players did not send in picks, they will be replaced by a lucky loser, which is defined as the participant with the most correct picks who still lost his or her match.
- In case a player (i.e. the actual WTA Player) retires in a match, this match will be cancelled and not taken into consideration when calculating the number of correct picks. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will also be cancelled.

How to sign up:

Make your commitments in the commitment thread to play :)
Notify me if you committed but do not see your name on the entry list before the start of the First Round matches.

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as all qualifiers have been placed. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. No changes can be made. In some cases a 1st round match will be played after a 2nd round match, so those matches would be cancelled if needed.

It may sound a bit complicated, but it is actually really really simple! So sign up for the Tennis Tipping event of the Copa Colsanitas!

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Entry List

01....Drake1980.........01​
02....Deck................04​
03....Mana............... 10​
04....Nimrodg.............22​
05....James...............33​
06....tal1985............36WD
07....lizzard..............50​
08....amirhendel.........54​
09....Davenseleports...78​
10....*cory*..............NR​
11....Volcanic Tennis...NR​
12....ma261988..........NR​
13....Lauren's DBLL......NR​
14....mapaliey............NR​
15....vinceten............NR​
16....​
17....​

To sign up, commit in the commitment thread below:​

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tournament Draw

Final - Result
04:03¦ Drake1980 vs nimrodg

Semi Finals(winners in bold)
Matches Counted: 4
Matches Remaining: 0

02:02¦ Drake1980 vs Mana - Drake wins TB as he had Loit to win in 3 sets, Mana had Loit to win in 2. Dominguez Lino won in 2 sets.
02:02¦ nimrodg vs mapailey - nimrodg wins TB as he had Loit to win in 3 sets, mapailey had Loit to win in 2. Dominguez Lino won in 2 sets.

Quarter Finals (winners in bold)
Matches Counted: 7

07:05¦ Drake1980 vs vinceten
11:08¦ Mana vs Davenselesport
09:00¦ nimrodg vs ma261988
07:11¦ amirehendel vs mapailey

First Round Leaderboard
Matches Counted: 15

18...Drake1980
18...mapaliey
14...Nimrodg
13...Davenseleport
12...ma261988
11...vinceten
11...Mana
09...amirhendel

05...James
04...lizzard
02...Lauren's DBLL
00...Deck
00...*cory*
00...Volcanic Tennis

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:wavey: Welcome to Tennis Tipping Bogota and my first attempt at running a tournament. At the moment, we only have 12 entries, so the number of participants as shown in the first thread may change. I'm thinking that if there's not too many the top 8 will pick day 3 and 4 matches, but we'll see how many more people sign up first.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Good luck Gavnich for running this tournament! ;)

Reactions: Taz Warrior

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
hey i change my commite again from dubai and wanna join here,can i ?

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
i can join here???

·
Registered
870 Posts
I will not play here

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,

As there are only 14 competitors, everyone will compete over the first 2 days with the top 8 scores going through to Day 3 when the knockout stages will start.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Day 1 Main Draw Matches
Arantxa Parra vs Bethanie Mattek
Agnes Szavay vs Antonella Serra-Zanetti
Maria Jose Argeri vs Emilie Loit
Natalia Gussoni vs Emanuelle Gagliardi
Mariana Diaz-Oliva vs Eva Birnerova
Tie Break Match
Agnes Szavay vs Antonella Serra-Zanetti